Post a reply

Dales chances against Hawkins?

Postby randam05

Does anyone give Dale a chance in hell of beating Hawkins and reaching the semis?

That would be quite incredible really and completely top both his ranking wins!

I dont give him much hope but im praying he can. He has played very well so far, but his opposition are yet to put him under much pressure, which Hawkins will surely do. Also the chance to get to the one table situation will be far to much pressure for Dale and if he got close he would bottle it I feel. He needs to win first two sessions comfortably to be able to win the match.

But just wanted to see what chance you guys gave him?

Great video!

Cant believe I have been able to enjoy a best of 19 best of 25 and now another best of 25 match involving Dale at the crucible! What a dream!

Re: Dales chances against Hawkins?

Postby GJ

Dom is a class lad and a great character

But for the good of the event i hope he loses and think he will.

A Ronnie V Dale semi would be a blood bath mark my words.

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:Dom is a class lad and a great character

But for the good of the event i hope he loses and think he will.

A Ronnie V Dale semi would be a blood bath mark my words.

Obviously I would love to see him in the semi, but I do agree, it would be somewhat a demolition with a possible session to spare.

Postby GJ

hes added a lot to the event so fair play to dom

Postby SnookerFan

Well, I certainly give him more chance of beating Hawkins than I do of beating Ronnie. (Assuming Ronnie beats Murphy or Fu, that is.)

Saying that, Hawkins should beat Dale easily. I like Dale, but I think this is as far into the tournament as he is going.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Well, I certainly give him more chance of beating Hawkins than I do of beating Ronnie. (Assuming Ronnie beats Murphy or Fu, that is.)

Saying that, Hawkins should beat Dale easily. I like Dale, but I think this is as far into the tournament as he is going.

Thats what I was thinking, hes got Hawkins next which is a better draw than ronnie and robertson atleast! I feel it will be 13-6

Postby PLtheRef

I wouldn't fancy his chances much. Though its great to see him back in a quarter-final at the Crucible, on both occasions he has had what could have been described as a reasonable draw where he has taken on players where it would have not been any real surprise to see him go through.

In 2000 it can be said he had a real chance to make the semi-finals when he met yet another qualifier in the quarter-finals, and he was defeated 13-9. This time he meets a seeded player in the quarter-finals which shouldn't be any easier.

Dale has a decent chance when he starts favourite. This time he doesn't start favourite, and therefore, I'd be surprised to see him in action on Thursday

Postby randam05

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Dale played very well so far, I've ever seen him play this well consistently.

He has a chance if he can keep up this standard and Barry is below par.

:-) I like to think he has some sort of chance

thanks!

Postby Sickpotter

On a given day any player can beat any player, no one is immune.

Hawkins/Dale both showing decent form, Hawkins still favorite but not overwhelming IMO.

Postby edwards2000

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Dave Hendon predicts a 13-11 Dale win :shock:

Maybe not as clueless as I thought. But Hendon's prediction is very lucky. No chance did anyone see Dale coming back from 11-5 down. Still game on as I type this....

Postby randam05

Well I gave him no hope whatsoever really and at 11-5 down it was exactly how i was expecting it to go.

Never ever expected a comeback not to even reach the first interval, but to come back in that manner was unreal. He got to the quarters which is more than I expected so i can take confidence for him but I am very upset.

Hats off to you Dale you did me proud in the end but it wasnt enough, wish he had some sort of chance at 12-11 up to see if he had the nerve to finalise it. I think i would of him rather lost 13-5 now.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

randam05 WC wrote:Well I gave him no hope whatsoever really and at 11-5 down it was exactly how i was expecting it to go.

Never ever expected a comeback not to even reach the first interval, but to come back in that manner was unreal. He got to the quarters which is more than I expected so i can take confidence for him but I am very upset.

Hats off to you Dale you did me proud in the end but it wasnt enough, wish he had some sort of chance at 12-11 up to see if he had the nerve to finalise it. I think i would of him rather lost 13-5 now.

I know how you feel. Been there myself, 2009 UK semi final Ronnie v Higgins. 6 in a row from to Ronnie just to lose the decider without a proper chance.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
randam05 WC wrote:Well I gave him no hope whatsoever really and at 11-5 down it was exactly how i was expecting it to go.

I know how you feel. Been there myself, 2009 UK semi final Ronnie v Higgins. 6 in a row from to Ronnie just to lose the decider without a proper chance.

yeah. cant forget the match. first chance in the decider after potting a faboluse long red. splitting the pack the red. reds opened up beautifully. but a red covered blacks path to the right corner. and the the hggins break was a struggle. never got position but pulled off some cracking pots (thin black, long green)

quite depressive

Postby randam05

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah apart from this is harder, because dale will never be one frame away from the world semis again. Ronnie has bounced back with so many wins.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

randam05 WC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah apart from this is harder, because dale will never be one frame away from the world semis again. Ronnie has bounced back with so many wins.

Can't argue with that :-(

Still I know that feeling of complete emptiness after such an agonizing defeat.

Postby GJ

Hard luck dom

Brave fight

Postby vodkadiet

Robertson must be relieved that Dale is out. He will probably cue like a dream this evening now.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:Robertson must be relieved that Dale is out. He will probably cue like a dream this evening now.

:hatoff: