Topic locked

Re: Crucible Countdown 2014

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yes Randam I'm pleased to say Cope was playing well in the qualifiers and he has Crucible pedigree

in 2000 he beat David Gray 13-1 after David Gray beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the 1st round...to date thats his best Run and in 1997 he beat Tony Drago on debut 10-9 but the other 7 times hes lost in the Last 32.

Postby GJ

Not fussed who robbo draws tbh because its all down to him playing well.

Last year I was happy with milkins and look how that ended.

Postby GJ

Although having said that based on how I think this player will handle the crucible I think Xiao is the biggest danger of the qualifiers.

Postby PLtheRef

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yes Randam I'm pleased to say Cope was playing well in the qualifiers and he has Crucible pedigree

in 2000 he beat David Gray 13-1 after David Gray beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the 1st round...to date thats his best Run and in 1997 he beat Tony Drago on debut 10-9 but the other 7 times hes lost in the Last 32.

Dale's first round match against Ebdon was the first match I ever went to see at the Crucible.

And make that six first round exits. - He's not played there yet this year.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Although having said that based on how I think this player will handle the crucible I think Xiao is the biggest danger of the qualifiers.

but it is his debut.

and unlike other venues the crowd are so close to you when your in your chair you are virtually sitting in the audience and it does take getting used to

Postby GJ

Dale alongside Doherty and Holt are the 3 easiest draws

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Dale's first round match against Ebdon was the first match I ever went to see at the Crucible.

woops sorry Dom lol

Postby Roland

You'd be surprised at Holt. Last year he went to pieces in the qualifier and did the same at the Crucible. He's said on Twitter that he's sorted himself out and he showed no sign of collapse at the qualifiers so I think with a decent draw he could cause problems. I remember seeing him in round 2 maybe a couple of times before but don't think he's got further than that.

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:Although having said that based on how I think this player will handle the crucible I think Xiao is the biggest danger of the qualifiers.

Any of the four debutantes have got very little to lose. First time there, more the onus is on enjoying it. Usually when you get several debuts like we have this year with four, you'd fancy at least one of them to get through to the second round

Postby randam05

Wildey wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:
Wildey wrote:

woops sorry Dom lol

Lol I thought you meant dom. To be fair though last three times hes qualified hes had ronnie and trump which is a bit unfair really.

Postby PLtheRef

And to add to that point, in the last two years a debutant has gone on and reached the quarter-finals

Postby zezedi

Skullman wrote:Draw has started.

Can't watch the video live , beg the transcript live