Topic locked

Re: Crucible Countdown 2014

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Decent draw for Ronnie, could have been worse.

Could've been worse? <laugh>

He got the lowest ranked player possible. How could it've been better?

Postby Andre147

Yeah pretty even, as Skull said, could have been harder, but could also have been easier for Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:

<laugh> You didn't read the previous posts did you?

So you think since he's the lowest ranked player Hull is the easiest of the qualifiers? Because he isn't, far from it.

Postby GJ

I Think Williams is a far easier draw than hull.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<laugh> You didn't read the previous posts did you?

So you think since he's the lowest ranked player Hull is the easiest of the qualifiers? Because he isn't, far from it.

I have now. I withdraw my question, I see it's been discussed. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

If Burns or White had got through, I'd consider them easier than Hull, despite being higher ranked.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Yeah pretty even, as Skull said, could have been harder, but could also have been easier for Ronnie.

yea i guess i could be playing Ronnie <laugh>

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I Think Williams is a far easier draw than hull.

Yeah think so too, as is Burnett if the top seeds were drawn against him.

Robbo will hammer poor Robbie :wave:

Postby Skullman

Just realised that Ronnie is the youngest player in his little section of four rofl

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

yea i guess i could be playing Ronnie <laugh>

Me too for that matter <laugh> Wouldn't mind not potting a single ball and get whitewashed 10-0 just to watch him and have the best seat in the house. :-D

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Just realised that Ronnie is the youngest player in his little section of four rofl

And some clueless pundits say it's a young mens game rofl <doh>

Postby PLtheRef

My four seeds to go out will be Fu, Walden, Carter and Maguire

Postby mantorok

Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Robin Hull is better than most of the qualifiers. He played very well in qualifying and he will just be pleased to be back at The Crucible. He is match sharp and will give O'Sullivan a tough match.

Yes Vodka I agree, I don't expect a runaway win for Ronnie here.

How many times have we heard that this season...? :john:

Postby PLtheRef

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Robin Hull is better than most of the qualifiers. He played very well in qualifying and he will just be pleased to be back at The Crucible. He is match sharp and will give O'Sullivan a tough match.

rofl

Postby PLtheRef

On a serious note, I think Hull will give O'Sullivan a decent test, maybe 10-5 or 10-6 will be the scoreline. He's played well so far, and hasn't lost a World Championship match to a World Champion before.

At the time that is

Postby mantorok

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just realised that Ronnie is the youngest player in his little section of four rofl

And some clueless pundits say it's a young mens game rofl <doh>

I recall Barry Hearn getting all hyper at the Masters about the fact that there would be LOADS of young players at the crucible this year and that it will be a big SHOCK to the top players rofl

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Well you have a point there, so with Ronnie we never quite know what to expect. I just sense though Ronnie will have some problems against Hull, I expect a 10-5 or 10-6 win for Ronnie.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 PGC wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Well you have a point there, so with Ronnie we never quite know what to expect. I just sense though Ronnie will have some problems against Hull, I expect a 10-5 or 10-6 win for Ronnie.

Yeah it's the first round - anything can happen, but one thing we know for sure these days is Ronnie will be more focused than you have ever seen him.

Postby PoolBoy

Talking of ages, Mavis, at 41 is one of the oldest players at the Crucible this year...yet will still be younger than his opponent, Dominic Dale (42)!
...a total of 83 years in that game.
Contrast Ding v Walsey. A full 32 years younger on aggregate.

And while on the topic of age, the biggest differences for those 1st round ties are the games between Ali carter and Xiao Guodong (9 years) and Ricky Walden v Kyren Wilson (also 9 years).

Postby Wildey

ill tell you what with the draw Kyren Wilson has Jimmy White will be sweating Buckets.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:ill tell you what with the draw Kyren Wilson has Jimmy White will be sweating Buckets.

<laugh> Yeah I agree, I'm very happy Kyren got a kind draw and not someone like Ronnie, Ding or Robbo for instance, and given the fact he'll face either Hawkins or Gilbert in the Last 16, he has a good chance to reach at least the quarters, just like debutants Jonsey and White did the previous 2 years.

Postby Wildey

Wilson Beats Walden then Hawkins/Gilbert and its :wave: to Jimmy White

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:Wilson Beats Walden then Hawkins/Gilbert and its :wave: to Jimmy White

You always seem to underestimate Barry Hawkins. He's a class act, one of the best players in the world.

Postby Roland

How do people see Gould v Fu going? Gould has won their last 2 round 1 matches, both are playing well. I think he can get number 3 on the board but you never know with Fu, if he plays like he has done at times this season he'll be very hard to beat for any of the field including Ronnie and Ding.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:

When we look at the bigger picture, ROS has a tough draw because he's expected to play Ding, who believes he's unlocked a few secrets on how to win titles. And it's hard to argue with that.

Let's just hope Skippy gets wiped out as soon as, so we don't have to listen to a load of fluff about him ad infinitum.

Postby TheRocket

Sonny wrote:How do people see Gould v Fu going? Gould has won their last 2 round 1 matches, both are playing well. I think he can get number 3 on the board but you never know with Fu, if he plays like he has done at times this season he'll be very hard to beat for any of the field including Ronnie and Ding.

I think, Fu-Gould will be very close. But Gould have to play his best game to win because if both play their B-game , Fu as the better allrounder has clearly the advantage.

And I agree with the second part. A strong Fu is a danger for anyone, he has proven it many times in his career. It's not a fluke that his H2H against players like Ronnie and Higgins is strong.