Andrew Higginson 6-3 Kurt Maflin
Peter Lines 4-4 Alan McManus
Aditya Mehta 3-6 Jamie Jones
Alex Borg 4-5 Jamie Cope
Tom Ford 8-1 Luca Brecel

Re: Dafabet World Championship Qualifying Rnd 3 (12-13th Apr

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:
snookerfan97 wrote:I have a question, players that stay on tour because of the PTC's will get a 2-year card or 1-year ?

Last year, and everything for this year, indicates 2 years, but with money ranking re-set to zero.

Personally I'd like them to be offered the choice of 1 year but keep your ranking money, or two years with zero ranking money - seems a shame that near-miss players like Sam Baird (with £42993 only around £3000 short of 64th) can't be offered the chance of taking a gamble on their own ability to get into the Top 64 in a year.

i think thats a brilliant idea

Postby fridge46

Wildey wrote:
roy142857 wrote:
snookerfan97 wrote:I have a question, players that stay on tour because of the PTC's will get a 2-year card or 1-year ?

Last year, and everything for this year, indicates 2 years, but with money ranking re-set to zero.

Personally I'd like them to be offered the choice of 1 year but keep your ranking money, or two years with zero ranking money - seems a shame that near-miss players like Sam Baird (with £42993 only around £3000 short of 64th) can't be offered the chance of taking a gamble on their own ability to get into the Top 64 in a year.

i think thats a brilliant idea

Seconded.

I would also like to see players qualifying via QSchool keep their prize money ranking. Otherwise players like Sam Baird's careers are going to be set back another 2 years, all because they had £3,000 less than some else.

Postby roy142857

fridge46 wrote:I would also like to see players qualifying via QSchool keep their prize money ranking. Otherwise players like Sam Baird's careers are going to be set back another 2 years, all because they had £3,000 less than some else.

It'd be a problem for players without much accumulated prize money - I guess I'd offer the same option I mentioned above, certainly if Tián Péngfēi came through keeping his money - about £2000 short currently - and taking a one year card would seem sensible.

Postby roy142857

Luca just can't do a thing at the moment, now 9-1 down ...

yet another tight frame going on in Kyren / Alfie match ... will Kyren walk away with the frame again? Not this time, Alfie pulls one back but 7-3 down is a tough one. Like both players, so not that fussed, a bit surprised not closer.

Postby fridge46

roy142857 wrote:
fridge46 wrote:I would also like to see players qualifying via QSchool keep their prize money ranking. Otherwise players like Sam Baird's careers are going to be set back another 2 years, all because they had £3,000 less than some else.

It'd be a problem for players without much accumulated prize money - I guess I'd offer the same option I mentioned above, certainly if Tián Péngfēi came through keeping his money - about £2000 short currently - and taking a one year card would seem sensible.

One other problem I have just noticed with players qualifying via OOM's or QSchool is that, say for example Tian Pengfei, who will finish the season ranked ~65, but start next season ranked below Shi Hanqing, who is going to finished the reason ranked 126.

It isnt much of an issue with the flat system, but it could result in strong players facing each other in the early rounds of tournaments with tiered formats. For example, in the first round of the Wuxi Classic, we could see Gary Wilson drawn against Pengfei or Baird...

Postby Wildey

Dechawat Poomjaeng 6-4 Craig Steadman
Jimmy Robertson 5-6 Anthony McGill
Alfie Burden 3-9 Kyren Wilson
Andrew Higginson 9-3 Kurt Maflin
Peter Lines 5-4 Alan McManus
Aditya Mehta 4-7 Jamie Jones
Alex Borg 5-7 Jamie Cope
Tom Ford 10-1 Luca Brecel

Postby Skullman

These qualifiers have been very quiet. Anyway, see Ford hammered Luca. Wasn't in today, so was Luca much poor or did Ford play like his old self?

Also surprised that Kyren beat Burden by such a massive margin. Could cause Dotty a headache next week.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think only Sonny can do it. You'll have to ask him.

yup

he will change my name to Wildey WC soon aswell

I shall be the one having "World Champion" (WC) next to my username after having "Predictions Grand Champion" (PGC) this whole season :pal:
Last edited by Wildey on 12 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoting a post that has now been removed

Postby Wildey

Dechawat Poomjaeng 8-5 Craig Steadman
Jimmy Robertson 7-7 Anthony McGill
Alfie Burden 3-10 Kyren Wilson
Andrew Higginson 10-3 Kurt Maflin
Peter Lines 7-5 Alan McManus
Aditya Mehta 5-10 Jamie Jones
Alex Borg 7-7 Jamie Cope

Postby Cannonball

So, did anyone get on Ronnie? I've heard 2/1, crazy prices driven by a public who can only see one winner. I got on Ronnie after his year off which made a handsome profit, but taking these odds would be a dafabet!

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think only Sonny can do it. You'll have to ask him.

yup

he will change my name to Wildey WC soon aswell

I shall be the one having "World Champion" (WC) next to my username after having "Predictions Grand Champion" (PGC) this whole season :pal:

He'll love that. rofl

Postby SlowJoe

Trumpster wrote:So, did anyone get on Ronnie? I've heard 2/1, crazy prices driven by a public who can only see one winner. I got on Ronnie after his year off which made a handsome profit, but taking these odds would be a dafabet!

I have been backing Ronnie since he won last year. Biggest price was 11/2 backed him all the way down to 6/4. He is now 5/4 with most bookies.

Postby SlowJoe

Trumpster wrote:Robbo is 9/1. Anyone fancy that/think it's generous?

A decent price for Robbo at 9/1 as he is in the opposite half of the draw. Would rather bet someone Bingham each way from the bottom half at 40/1