Nigel Bond 7-5 Ross Muir
Matthew Selt 9-6 Rhys Clark
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 8-5 Alexander Ursenbacher
Anthony Hamilton 6-5 Joe Swail
Dave Harold 3-10 Li Yan

Re: Dafabet World Championship Qualifying Rnd 2 (10-11th Apr

Postby roy142857

Wildey wrote:Jimmy White run in china saved his bottom

Umm, a little early to be certain of that. He'll be 63rd if Un-Nooh closes out against Ursenbacher. Probably safe is where I'd put it at the moment - if Robbie Williams made The Crucible, and Ian Burns did so and won his opening match, they'd both pass Jimmy. Probably won't happen, but not impossible.

Postby kolompar

roy142857 wrote:Only been able to dip in and out of Igor's match. What I've seen looked like Igor playing well rather than Greene playing badly, anyone seen a bit more and can confirm that or has what I've seen flattered both players?

was that some jinxing? <laugh> a few bad shots from Igor, and Green closes to 9-8
Un-Nooh won 10-5

Postby roy142857

kolompar wrote:
roy142857 wrote:Only been able to dip in and out of Igor's match. What I've seen looked like Igor playing well rather than Greene playing badly, anyone seen a bit more and can confirm that or has what I've seen flattered both players?

was that some jinxing? <laugh> a few bad shots from Igor, and Green closes to 9-8
Un-Nooh won 10-5

Just a small blip it appears!

Postby PLtheRef

Skullman wrote:Been out. What a bottle job from Joel Walker! He was 9-4 up on Jones <doh> :sad:

And looks like Lisowski hasn't kicked on. He was 4-0 and 6-3 up on Carrington and ended up losing 10-7. Poor.

Walker will be sore on that one to lose from 9-4 in front. People have mentioned the Welsh too but at the end of the day he's only 20 and he can put it down to experience.

Lisowski seems to have completely gone off the radar this year, and its not overly surprising he's not qualified.

Postby Wildey

Gerard Greene 8-10 Igor Figueiredo
Jamie Burnett 10-4 Vinnie Calabrese
Cao Yupeng 10-5 Scott Donaldson
Jack Lisowski 7-10 Stuart Carrington
Nigel Bond 10-5 Ross Muir
Matthew Selt 10-6 Rhys Clark
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 10-5 Alexander Ursenbacher
Anthony Hamilton 7-7 Joe Swail

Postby Andy Spark

I think one of the reasons Luca does quite well at the World Championship is because he is a Snooker World Championship addict. He absolutely loves the Worlds! Apparently he records all the matches and watches them back; I think he gets inspired by that extra emotional intensity. :-)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Spark wrote:I think one of the reasons Luca does quite well at the World Championship is because he is a Snooker World Championship addict. He absolutely loves the Worlds! Apparently he records all the matches and watches them back; I think he gets inspired by that extra emotional intensity. :-)

Where did you get this information, Andy?

Postby Andy Spark

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I think one of the reasons Luca does quite well at the World Championship is because he is a Snooker World Championship addict. He absolutely loves the Worlds! Apparently he records all the matches and watches them back; I think he gets inspired by that extra emotional intensity. :-)

Sorry, I don't know, I hear and read a lot about snooker. I heard that about Luca, but can't tell you exactly where I heard it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Spark wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Sorry, I don't know, I hear and read a lot about snooker. I heard that about Luca, but can't tell you exactly where I heard it.

I understand, happens to me a lot as well.

I really hope Luca goes far in this years world championship.

Postby Andy Spark

Holden Chinaski wrote:I understand, happens to me a lot as well.

He has many years ahead of him, I think if he doesn't do it this year then it's not a disaster. Still one of the most exciting prospects in snooker. What is he now, about 19? He's got 11 years of improvement.

Postby PLtheRef

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

I understand, happens to me a lot as well.

Would be good to see him qualify and get a run at it so making the last 16 of the event. It's going to be very difficult to qualify because he's got two tough matches to qualify but on his day he can beat Ford and Stevens

Postby Wildey

Friday 11th of April

7pm

Jimmy White 4-10 Ian Burns
Martin Gould 10-1 Mitchell Travis
Gerard Greene 8-10 Igor Figueiredo
Jamie Burnett 10-4 Vinnie Calabrese
Cao Yupeng 10-5 Scott Donaldson
Jack Lisowski 7-10 Stuart Carrington
Nigel Bond 10-5 Ross Muir
Matthew Selt 10-6 Rhys Clark