Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:In a way, seeing Ding dominating Robertson in this final, it makes me rank Ronnie's victory in the Welsh Open final even higher. Ronnie is the only player nowadays who can put Ding under the kind of pressure that made him fall apart.

Ronnie did the hard work on Ding in 2007. Ding falling apart will have nothing do with how Ronnie plays on the day. He could be poor like he was for most of their CoC match and still win.

It's still remarkable. He lost many big matches against top players over the years but it doesn't seem to bother him the slightest nowadays, Ronnie is the only one who gets under his skin...

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Sunday 6th of April

12.30pm

Neil Robertson 2-7 Ding Junhui 2nd Session 10 Frames

Well done Ding!,no way for Robbo back now,although if he were to knock in 8 centuries consecutively in this evenings session,he,d not only then win this title,he,d then have hit the 100 century mark he keeps on ramblin on about. :-)

He thouroughly deserved to win yet another piece of silverware,i also conratulate him on equalling Hendrys record of winning 5 ranking tourneys in a season,(although Hendry did win 5 on the trot :-D ).

It would be somethin if Ding went on to win this years worlds and make it 6 in a season.

I obviously hope he does,nt, though,he,s already won enough this season. :grrr: <laugh>

As Wild wrote earlier,Dings proven that one can indeed win many tournaments theeeeessse days and dominate to a certain extent,if you,re good enough,then it can be done.

Dings silverware tally will go up immensely in the coming years,he might even threaten Hendrys total ranking event wins= 36,he,s got the talent,dedication,motivation,puts the hours in,is strong in many departments of the game,has many,many years ahead of him,Dings for sure gonna be the main man to beat for the next good few years.

Postby hendry_fan

hendry_fan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Sunday 6th of April

12.30pm

Neil Robertson 2-7 Ding Junhui 2nd Session 10 Frames

Well done Ding!,no way for Robbo back now,although if he were to knock in 8 centuries consecutively in this evenings session,he,d not only then win this title,he,d then have hit the 100 century mark he keeps on ramblin on about. :-)

He thouroughly deserved to win yet another piece of silverware,i also conratulate him on equalling Hendrys record of winning 5 ranking tourneys in a season,(although Hendry did win 5 on the trot :-D ).

It would be somethin if Ding went on to win this years worlds and make it 6 in a season.

I obviously hope he does,nt, though,he,s already won enough this season. :grrr: <laugh>

As Wild wrote earlier,Dings proven that one can indeed win many tournaments theeeeessse days and dominate to a certain extent,if you,re good,consistent enough,then it can be done.

Dings silverware tally will go up immensely in the coming years,he might even threaten Hendrys total ranking event wins= 36,he,s got the talent,dedication,motivation,puts the hours in,is strong in many departments of the game,has many,many years ahead of him,Dings for sure gonna be the main man to beat for the next good few years.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ding is great to watch. Brilliant all round player.
He reminds me of a prime John Higgins sometimes. His style is very similar.

Yes good comparison, great breakbuilding and great safety when on their prime, plus Ding's temperament, his main weakness in the past, has improved massively over the past 2 years.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Now? It was an uphill task at 6-1.

na i dont see it like that 7-2 down was an ok scoreline going in to the final session