Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What the hell was that from Robbo?

He's too negative at the moment, he has to go for his shots and not wait for Ding to hand him an easy opening.

Agree

hes not with it at all very lethargic

Postby Skullman

9-4. Dismal safety shot from Robbo.

Think Robbo should just throw caution to the wind and go for it.Might as well go for a couple of centuries as well. Not like it makes a difference to result.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:9-4. Dismal safety shot from Robbo.

Think Robbo should just throw caution to the wind and go for it.Might as well go for a couple of centuries as well. Not like it makes a difference to result.

Yeah the final was already decided after 1st session so...

If we want to be ultra critical, frame 3 was the turning point really and had Robbo won that frame he would have been 2 all and things would be so much diferent.

EDIT: Not 2 all after 3rd frame, but considering he would win frame 4 like he did.
Last edited by Andre147 on 06 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:another side note Ding would reach no 2 in the final points ranking list by winning this event his highest position

Someone said the other day don't think we've ever had numbers 1 and 2 in the rankings held by non-British players.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:another side note Ding would reach no 2 in the final points ranking list by winning this event his highest position

Point rankings are dead from now on. On the money list he's already No.1 and he'll become officially World No. 1 after the Worlds unless Selby or Robbo win the title.

Postby Andre147

The only positive Robbo can take from this is at least he got closer to that 100 mark, he's now on 93 <laugh>

But he needed a good result here to gain much needed confidence ahead of the Worlds, and he has done that after having a quiet 2nd half of season, so his game is in good shape.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Point rankings are dead from now on. On the money list he's already No.1 and he'll become officially World No. 1 after the Worlds unless Selby or Robbo win the title.

The only thing point rankings are good for now is seeing who will be the last end of season WN1 under this system, and it will only be for prestige's sake.

Postby Andre147

Considering Robbo won't make anymore tons in this Final, 7 at the Crucible won't be easy, but if he can at least reach the quarter-finals that shouldn't be a problem for him.

Postby GJ

Fair play to Ding classy performance today he wont lose from 9-4.

Still happy with the week for Robbo tbh because I had though he would lose early on with his virus,

I hope this wont knock his confidence for Sheffield.

And abit of clutching at straws but robbo has never won back to back ranking events so perhaps a blessing in disguise defeat today <laugh> rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:The only positive Robbo can take from this is at least he got closer to that 100 mark, he's now on 93 <laugh>

But he needed a good result here to gain much needed confidence ahead of the Worlds, and he has done that after having a quiet 2nd half of season, so his game is in good shape.

Yes, getting to the final was great but he won't be happy at all that 1) he lost a ranking final 2) he lost to Ding now 4 times in a row and 3) even more importantly it wasn't even close.

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Someone said the other day don't think we've ever had numbers 1 and 2 in the rankings held by non-British players.

It's a good job the tour is so biased towards UK players. The British still have nothing to worry about short term, they have the best player, dominate the rankings and have a tour structure that favours them; that's how I like to play a hand of cards, holding all the aces! :-D

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Fair play to Ding classy performance today he wont lose from 9-4.

Still happy with the week for Robbo tbh because I had though he would lose early on with his virus,

And abit of clutching at straws but robbo has never won back to back ranking events so perhaps a blessing in disguise defeat today <laugh> rofl

Robbo has never lost in a final and then gone on to the next event so he's screwed either way :redneck:

Postby GJ

I don't believe its a mental issue facing ding as robbo lose quite a few to Selby and then beat him the last few.

He doesn't do mental issues when facing a certain player imo.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:Fair play to Ding classy performance today he wont lose from 9-4.

Robbo has never lost in a final and then gone on to the next event so he's screwed either way :redneck:

he did the opposite after wuxi so why not <laugh>

Postby GJ

After today its a chance for me to recharge the batteries , no offence to the world quallies but I want to be pumped and ready for the marathon that is the crucible.

Postby GJ

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:Too many errors today from robbo

Watched the whole match so far?

aye most of it too many balls missed when right in <doh>

Postby Andre147

In a Best of 19 the best comeback has been from 9-5 down hasn't it? Higgins UK 2010 Final springs to mind.

Don't think there's ever been one from 9-4 down.