Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Well for me least it shouldn't, and therefore Ding wouldn't have been left with that easy opener.

Robbo didn't have any other escape route there so the ref was wrong I think.

Anyway....

Postby Wildey

i really question the miss rule sometimes because as phill studd said he didnt have a prayer to leave it safe after he said it was a miss.

but that is a contradiction.

if a snooker is too hard to hit and leave it safe the ref has to take that in to consideration when judging a miss and his second attempt was a great effort

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Looks like all the finals between the real top players in 2014 are one sided. Ronnie - Selby, Ronnie - Ding and now Ding - Robertson.

This session can still end 5-4 <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Well a few centuries wouldn't go amiss. Make Ding think a bit and keep him cold in his chair for a while.

Robbo likes to keep his chair warm rofl :wave:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Well a few centuries wouldn't go amiss. Make Ding think a bit and keep him cold in his chair for a while.

theres a different in making centuries and thinking about centuries.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:But whatever happens here Robbo is 2nd favourite for Crucible.

Why? I my book, the winner of this, will be the contender no. 2 for the Worlds.

Ding can't perform against Ronnie and doesn't really do that well in Sheffield, 2011 excepted.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:But whatever happens here Robbo is 2nd favourite for Crucible.

Why? I my book, the winner of this, will be the contender no. 2 for the Worlds.

No, Robbo will always be 2nd favourite, Dign hasn't got a great record in those session matches at the Crucible and something seems to be missing, Robbo is more consistent, but I hope you're right and Ding has a great Worlds, ideally a semi between him and Ronnie, or of course winning the title if they don't meet.