Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:Fair play to Ding classy performance today he wont lose from 9-4.

Still happy with the week for Robbo tbh because I had though he would lose early on with his virus,

I hope this wont knock his confidence for Sheffield.

And abit of clutching at straws but robbo has never won back to back ranking events so perhaps a blessing in disguise defeat today <laugh> rofl

Robbo has never lost in a final and then gone on to the next event so he's screwed either way :redneck:

This scenario would be good Ding wins 5 Rankers in the season with Robbo winning 1st, 6th and 12th.

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:Fair play to Ding classy performance today he wont lose from 9-4.

Still happy with the week for Robbo tbh because I had though he would lose early on with his virus,

I hope this wont knock his confidence for Sheffield.

And abit of clutching at straws but robbo has never won back to back ranking events so perhaps a blessing in disguise defeat today <laugh> rofl

Robbo has never lost in a final and then gone on to the next event so he's screwed either way :redneck:

This scenario would be good Ding wins 5 Rankers in the season with Robbo winning 1st, 6th and 12th.

:D

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:This scenario would be good Ding wins 5 Rankers in the season with Robbo winning 1st, 6th and 12th.

I'd take that.

Thanks Skull, glad you agree with me <laugh> :-D

Postby GJ

Anyway a nice break now will be back a couple of days before the big one starts on.

:wave:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:There's Ding's 5th ranking title of the season, it will be very interesting whether he can play like this in Worlds.

He has to do that over long periods at Sheffield, his main problem at the Worlds, consistency, that's why for me and many others Robbo is 2nd favourite for the Crucible.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:There's Ding's 5th ranking title of the season, it will be very interesting whether he can play like this in Worlds.

He has to do that over long periods at Sheffield, his main problem at the Worlds, consistency, that's why for me and many others Robbo is 2nd favourite for the Crucible.

Selby should be in with a shout then. He's been consistently crap.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:

But isn't consistency his biggest strength this season?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Selby should be in with a shout then. He's been consistently crap.

Haha good one Skull <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Anyway, despite his win, going by history not looking good for Ding to win the Worlds this year.

1. Last player to win the last two events of the season was John Higgins back in 1998, when he won the British Open and his first Worlds.
2. Last time a player won five rankers in the same season (Hendry in 1990/91) they went to lose at the Worlds.
3. None of Ding's victories have been on British soil.

Postby Andre147

It's over now.

Again Congrats to Ding on winning his 2nd China Open Title after having won his first ranker as a teenager there back in 2005, and on equalling Hendry's record of 5 titles in a season, something I never thought possible in a near future 1 or 2 years ago.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Anyway, despite his win, going by history not looking good for Ding to win the Worlds this year.

1. Last player to win the last two events of the season was John Higgins back in 1998, when he won the British Open and his first Worlds.
2. Last time a player won five rankers in the same season (Hendry in 1990/91) they went to lose at the Worlds.
3. None of Ding's victories have been on British soil.

Hadn't noticed that, and that is a good point actually.

The Worlds is a diferent ball game, for me Robbo is 2nd favourite, Ding is close on 3rd but given Robbo's record at the Crucible I just put him a tad ahead of Ding.