Post a reply

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Just want to point out at this point Hendry did win 5 out of 8 Ranking events and reached 6 finals

this season there's been 11 Ranking events to date

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow, that was a tense, big frame. Can't see Robbo coming back from 7-2 down now.

he won 4 frames against Carter and hes capable don't forget the pressure on ding to win no 5 .....first 2 frames this afternoon is pivotal if Robbo wins both its game on.

Postby Skullman

Really needs first three imo. If it goes 7-4, and Ding takes the next for 8-4, it'll still be an uphill task and Ding will have barely any pressure on him (from Robbo at least).

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Really needs first three imo. If it goes 7-4, and Ding takes the next for 8-4, it'll still be an uphill task and Ding will have barely any pressure on him (from Robbo at least).

i think if Robbo wins first 2 Ding will waver

Postby Andre147

Ding has this title now, Robbo may make things interesting and threaten a comeback but I can't see him win the match from here.

As I said numerous times previous, that last frame was just massive and the difference between Robbo possibly winning or losing this final, and having ended on the colours it was even more massive.

Robbo's safety and positional play let him down, Ding was brilliant at times but far from unplayable and Robbo had many chances to reduce to 6-3 and didn't take them.

Frame 3 will prove the decisive moment in this match.
Last edited by Andre147 on 06 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Really needs first three imo. If it goes 7-4, and Ding takes the next for 8-4, it'll still be an uphill task and Ding will have barely any pressure on him (from Robbo at least).

No he won't, this season especially a number of players have threatened a comeback and Ding always responds strongly, so I definately agree with Skull, Robbo would need the first 3 to really start putting some pressure on Ding.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:In a way, seeing Ding dominating Robertson in this final, it makes me rank Ronnie's victory in the Welsh Open final even higher. Ronnie is the only player nowadays who can put Ding under the kind of pressure that made him fall apart.

Yeah but many don't realise that and simply say Ronnie's opponent's fall apart, without realising that a part of that comes from the pressure Ronnie puts on them, like in Ding's case. Ding certainly didn't play well in that final, and Ronnie wasn't brilliant apart from that last frame either, but he did win by that large margin, and that's what counts.

Postby Andre147

Anyway, unless Robbo starts this 2nd session strongly and wins the first 3 frames to put pressure on Ding and threaten a comeback, Ding has this title in the bag, equalling Hendry on 5 rankers in a season.

To think 1 or 2 years ago hardly one player could win 2 rankers in a season, let alone sucessive ones, and look at what Ding has done in this dream 2013/2014 season, nothing short of remarkable. :hatoff:

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:Just want to point out at this point Hendry did win 5 out of 8 Ranking events and reached 6 finals

this season there's been 11 Ranking events to date

Yes, certainly easier these days, this is why I think the ratio as a single stat made up of two smaller units is underused in snooker statistics. Another thing that makes it easier for Ding is that the World Champion wasn't in most of these ranking tournaments. How many more ranking titles would the rest have won in the early 90's if Hendry wasn't in most of them?

Postby randam05

By the way, is this WS streaming service this rubbish? I cant even watch the final of the china open due to it not being available in my region due to rights restrictions? Or is it just me? cheers

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:

No he won't, this season especially a number of players have threatened a comeback and Ding always responds strongly, so I definately agree with Skull, Robbo would need the first 3 to really start putting some pressure on Ding.

hes never been 7-2 up at a interval with a chance to win no 5 before its different pressure

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:In a way, seeing Ding dominating Robertson in this final, it makes me rank Ronnie's victory in the Welsh Open final even higher. Ronnie is the only player nowadays who can put Ding under the kind of pressure that made him fall apart.

Ronnie did the hard work on Ding in 2007. Ding falling apart will have nothing do with how Ronnie plays on the day. He could be poor like he was for most of their CoC match and still win.