Topic locked

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Ding vs Robertson final looks nailed on now. Hope Ding wins it.

Yeah hopefully Ding wins his 2nd China Open title, a fitting achievment it will be given it was his first ranker as a teenager back in 2005, and it would also mean he would level Hendry on 5 rankers in a season :hatoff:

Also that China Open final in 2005 was against him <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:It would be more fitting if his last ever ranking title was the China Open.

It might be but first he can win his 2nd this tourney, his 3rd or 4th might come later :wave:

Postby Jester82

Andre147 PGC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No second session of the final on Eurosport. :grrr:

On British ES that is :wave:

I only get german Eurosport, which broadcasts a recap of the final. So I might look for a stream.

Postby Andre147

But if Robbo wins could he end up without making a century?

I'd like to see that happening, I want him to have those 8 tons left at the Crucible to make him really score heavily there, and if he can't do that at the Worlds and have a good run there then I'll be happy if he doesn't get those 100 tons :wave:
Last edited by Andre147 on 05 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No second session of the final on Eurosport. :grrr:

On British ES that is :wave:

I only get german Eurosport, which broadcasts a recap of the final. So I might look for a stream.

ES2 will air both sessions of the Final, don't know about british or others.

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Skull wishing Dunn had played like this against Selby :wave:

Selby atm rofl

Now, you're being very naughty... :no:

At least I'm not like Trump rofl see what I did there <laugh>

Postby Jester82

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

Selby atm rofl

What was it you did there?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:4-0 Ding. On this showing, Robbo would have to be favourite, but Ding never plays his best in semis this season for some reason.

He saves that for them Finals (Welsh though <laugh> ) that's when it really matters, so I hope he raises his game on the Big occasion when asked tomorrow against Robbo, because he will have to.

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

Selby atm rofl

Nothing :wave:

Postby Andre147

Anyway, 4 nil to Ding, Dunn will do well to win 1 frame.

All the talk about event being devaluated and we will end up having a Final between 2 of the 3 best players this season, so you can't ask much better than that. :hatoff: <cool>

Postby Jester82

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

Selby atm rofl

Nothing :wave:

As a Ronnie fan, you can easily laugh your butt off about this. :no:

Postby Andre147

Of course I can, just as you and many others would if Ronnie was playing like Selby is recently <laugh>

Credit goes to Selby though for being able to reach the latter stages of tournaments playing like he has, but it has been proved time and time again that when against the top players his scrapping game can't really get him through, and at the Worlds that will be even more evident.

Postby Jester82

Andre147 PGC wrote:Of course I can, just as you and many others would if Ronnie was playing like Selby is recently <laugh>

You mean like gloatness or shadenfreude? :sad:

No, we would all feel for Ronald and speak prayers for him, his family and his goldfish... :chuckle:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding vs Robertson will be great tomorrow. Ding wants his 5th ranking title of the season, Robbo badly wants to defend his title. Ding got the better of Neil the last couple of times but it's a flip of a coin really.

Yeah, almost 50/50 for me, but I give a slight advatange to Robbo, being on his home country and about to win his 5th ranker of the season is bound to put extra pressure on Ding, because in a way Robbo will feel all this almost as a bonus given he was close to withdraw after his first match.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Plus Robbo has been getting better with every match, while Ding hasn't really.

Apart from Welsh Open though Ding has been a different animal on Finals this season, so I only hope both play their best snooker and we will certainly have a classic in our hands, will be almost impossible to top that IC Final this season though, that was one of the best finals for years, the 2012 Shanghai Masters one great too.