Topic locked

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!

Postby Wildey

you have to fancy Ding reaching his 6th Final of the season to set up a mouth watering encounter. In Finals its 1-1 between them but lets not forget Mike Dunn just yet Ding must be feeling pressure to win his 5th title of the season.

Postby Jester82

Wildey wrote:you have to fancy Ding reaching his 6th Final of the season to set up a mouth watering encounter. In Finals its 1-1 between them but lets not forget Mike Dunn just yet Ding must be feeling pressure to win his 5th title of the season.

Absolutely! No one reckoned Dunn going through to the semis. Whatever he performs now, it will be like voluntary exercise. I remember Ding shaking against Walker as he did not know what to expect from the youngster. Could be the same with this chap.

Postby Skullman

But Ding hadn't ever faced Walker before, not even in practise so he really didn't know what to expect. Ding's faced (and beat) Dunn four time before and has practised with him, so knows his game well enough.

Postby Jester82

Skullman wrote:But Ding hadn't ever faced Walker before, not even in practise so he really didn't know what to expect. Ding's faced (and beat) Dunn four time before and has practised with him, so knows his game well enough.

Yes, but still Ding remains the clear favourite to reach the final. The pressure is on him, not matter how well he knows Dunn's gameplay.

Postby Skullman

Jester82 wrote: I remember Ding shaking against Walker as he did not know what to expect from the youngster. Could be the same with this chap.

I'm just answering this bit. Ding will know what to expect from Dunn, so it's a slightly different situation than the Walker one, although he's still clear favourite and will have to deal with the pressure of that.

Postby Jester82

Skullman wrote:
Jester82 wrote: I remember Ding shaking against Walker as he did not know what to expect from the youngster. Could be the same with this chap.

I'm just answering this bit. Ding will know what to expect from Dunn, so it's a slightly different situation than the Walker one, although he's still clear favourite and will have to deal with the pressure of that.

I think we can agree on that. :spot on: