Topic locked

Re: Bank of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Higgins made one of the best shots of the tourney with that red to green pocket, but then straight away misses the easiest of yeallows <doh>

That's the Higgins of nowadays for you, capable of the best and worst in a blink of an eye :wave:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Comms said kick, but I didn't see one and they didn't show a replay.

It wasn't kick, just plain miss FFS.

Comms often say kick, but this time it just wasn't.

Postby Andre147

Selby wins 5-1, White wan't the same player after he missed that golden chance to level at 2 all, but credit to Selby though who still managed to pot them :hatoff:

Ding v Selby semi would be very nice.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Comms said kick, but I didn't see one and they didn't show a replay.

It wasn't kick, just plain miss FFS.

Comms often say kick, but this time it just wasn't.

Every once in a while misses like that remind us that there's no such thing as an easy shot on a snooker table.

Ronnie missed a very similar shot in the Masters final this year, frame ball brown it was of course.

Postby Skullman

Ding goes through 5-2. What I liked about Ding's performance today is that he played well from the off, which he hasn't been doing recently, and he's stepped it up when Higgins got close.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Ding goes through 5-2. What I liked about Ding's performance today is that he played well from the off, which he hasn't been doing recently, and he's stepped it up when Higgins got close.

Yes Skull very true, I feared Ding may have started to play bad again after Higgins leveled at 2 all, but no he didn't let that affect him at all and duly won, that miss on the yeallow from Higgins after a brilliant shot on the red to green pocket proved crucial.

Higgins apart from that and a couple of misses black off its spot, didn't do much else wrong, Ding was just too good today. :hatoff:

And glad he proved me wrong <laugh> <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:With all the talk about this event being devalued we could have the top 3 in the world + Carter/Walden in the semis.

Sorry, that was me. I only meant it as a joke. The thread kind of snowballed. <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Ding Junhui 5-2 John Higgins
Mark King 3-3 Jamie O'Neill
Craig Steadman 3-4 Mike Dunn
Jimmy White 1-5 Mark Selby

O'Neill quarter final hopes looking a lot grimmer now that King's won three in a row...

Postby Wildey

Thursday 3rd of April

12.30pm

Ding Junhui 5-2 John Higgins
Mark King 5-3 Jamie O'Neill
Craig Steadman 3-5 Mike Dunn
Jimmy White 1-5 Mark Selby