Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Final Semi Finals Discussion

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Also, this tournament has the largest disparity in terms of points v money. This is the smallest tournament apart from PTCs in terms of points, while moneywise only the Worlds, UK and IC are bigger.

It's strange isn't it? I'm sure Hearn and the people responsible are aware of that. They turned the 12th most important ranking event into the 4th most important ranking event, just like that.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:I'm guessing that this tournament is meant to be the carrot on the end of the stick to get the top pros to turn up to PTCs, which is why it pats so well.

Yeah, that's definitely the reason but they should also give about 7000 points to winner, it's inconsequential from WorldSnooker the way it is at the moment.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Judd playing like his old self. Seems like he just whacking the balls half the time.

The flukes though so far aren't appearing <laugh>

Hawkins 3-1 up, hope he doesnt have a Stevens bottle job, he's had a few this season.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Double seals it.

Judd was very poor after the frame 1.

Take nothing away from Hawkins though, played superb from 1 nil down :hatoff:

The whacking of the balls didn't work this time Trump :wave: And no flukes for that matter <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Barry will take his second ranking title tonight but this tournament is full of surprises, so...

Yeah nothing is garanteed and to be honest if the Final goes scrappy don't be surprised to see Greene win most of the frames and therefore win the match.

I will say it's 65% Hawkins and 35% Greene.