Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Final Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:MJW cant make frame winnings break nowadays, only scrappy frames with little contributions

decades ago i watched a century from him

Unfortunately the man is not the same since 2003. He was brillant to watch at his peak. But I still believe, that if he had won that UK Final 2010 and he should have won it, the future would have been different. But now at it is, we see Williams moving into full decline.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:MJW cant make frame winnings break nowadays, only scrappy frames with little contributions

decades ago i watched a century from him

Unfortunately the man is not the same since 2003. He was brillant to watch at his peak. But I still believe, that if he had won that UK Final 2010 and he should have won it, the future would have been different. But now at it is, we see Williams moving into full decline.

not only that, he won the german masters after that, but the back to back final losses again stu and selby in deciders knocked him out. the wc and uk loss against higgins in 2010/2011 were hard punches though

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Williams banging his cue after messing up position

He got told off by the ref too. I think the ref said "who do you think you are, Stephen Maguire". :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:If I consider the current form of players like Robertson, Selby or Ding I must say, players like Higgins or Fu have a very good chance to come very far, especially Murphy. But nevertheless tough to say because I don't know the draw obviously.

I mean the WC of course.

We will know more after this tournament is finished.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main contenders and one (relative) outsider makes the final, at least that happened the last couple of years.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:mark making every chance look difficult

I know what you mean.

Also Higgins wins 4-2.

a bit like watching Alex Higgins in the 80s

Postby Wildey

Thursday 27th of March

1pm

John Higgins 4-2 Ben Woollaston
Marco Fu 4-2 Mark Williams

NB 2pm

Joe Perry v David Gilbert
Mark Allen v Fergal O'Brien

7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Yu De Lu
Anthony Hamilton v Gerard Greene

NB 8pm