Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Final Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Cloud Strife

jojo wrote:holy rubbish he 26 ?

he does look quite old by that i mean he not early twenties which is what i thought he was seeing as he unknown he play very well today so i thought he was a young up and coming player

i think he a journeyman who play the best match of his life and we probably wont see much of him in the future except him beating a higher seed causing a shock now and again

good luck to him tomorrow

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he was older than 26, he certainly looks it. I heard it's quite easy to obtain a fake birth certificate in China.

Postby jojo

whether journeyman or not it actually quite a good thing for snooker ronnie lose today he winning nearly all the tournament he enter and it not really healthy when you think he enters very few tournaments and is so far ahead of the rest

i got no qualms about delu winning because he totally deserve it

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:Yu De Lu has showed the top players if you play Ronnie like any other player and don't show that he gets to you he can be beaten.

lets hope players dont talk bullocks on twitter or any other medium and say they hope they avoid Ronnie in the WC Draw all that does is breed Ronnie's confidence and ego even more.

Players got to say Bring it On and take the game to him

All easier said than done.

it was easy enough for Ronnie when he turned Pro ....if these players think they are the Top players they better find it easy and soon.

That's good point. Ronnie, aged 17, just turned up and beat Stephen Hendry in the UK final like it was nothing. Just imagine some teenager beating Ronnie in the World final this year, it's just unthinkable nowadays. But Ronnie, Williams and Higgins are very special players and special players don't come around often...

Postby TheRocket

I think Dela Yu is a little bit like Woolaston. Players, who can show a very high standard performance on the day but that's it. Woolaston also did it against Ronnie this season and won in the decider. And Ronnie made two centuries in that match. But they are simply not the players for bigger matches in big tournaments, reaching semis,finals and like that.

But PTC's with best of 7 format is perfect for them. Therefore Yu has a chance here.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:whether journeyman or not it actually quite a good thing for snooker ronnie lose today he winning nearly all the tournament he enter and it not really healthy when you think he enters very few tournaments and is so far ahead of the rest

i got no qualms about delu winning because he totally deserve it

I agree. Obviously I would have preferred Ronnie winning this tournament as well but things were going a bit too well at the moment for him. Ronnie is not invincible and he can't afford to take anything for granted whoever he plays in the worlds.

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post <doh>

Yeah, I agree it's a good thing for snooker in general as well.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

ronnie deserved to be beaten today. careles safties and some easy pot missed at crucial times. but i take this defeat anytime if he delivers at the WSC. in the post match interview he said that he wanted to sharpen up his game by winning some games here. but he cant do it now.

his confidence is sky high atm and this defeat wont do any harm.

Postby Andy Spark

OK, the bookies will take note of this best of 7 Ronnie loss for their odds on the Worlds, but Ronnie still managed 93% pot success and how many people can beat Ronnie on 93% pot success over the longer distance?

It's worth noting that Ronnie hasn't lost a proper long format match in THREE YEARS and it's all very well people like Hendon writing about a lack of luck in sprint formats and Ronnie's losses in sprint formats showing he's beatable at the Worlds, but unless anybody actually beats Ronnie (with his new Dr Peters induced mental health!) in a long format then they have absolutely no proof that he can be beaten. :-)

In fact, if Ronnie wins the World Championship again it will prove beyond reasonable doubt the huge difference in luck levels between long and sprint format. :-)
Last edited by Andy Spark on 27 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby rocketronnie147

Man, Ronnie's opponent was impressive today. That's the thing about 4 out of 7 matches, they tend to negate the advantage that Ronnie holds.....Oh well, at least Ronnie played well in defeat. It was a high quality match (to say the least). That one red from Ronnie in the end was the difference - he makes that shot 99 times out of a 100....

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:OK, the bookies will take note of this best of 7 Ronnie loss for their odds on the Worlds, but Ronnie still managed 93% pot success and how many people can beat Ronnie on 93% pot success over the longer distance?

It's worth noting that Ronnie hasn't lost a proper long format match in THREE YEARS and it's all very well people like Hendon writing about a lack of luck in sprint formats and Ronnie's losses in sprint formats showing he's beatable at the Worlds, but unless anybody actually beats Ronnie (with his new Dr Peters induced mental health!) in a long format then they have absolutely no proof that he can be beaten. :-)

In fact, if Ronnie wins the World Championship again it will prove beyond reasonable doubt the huge difference in luck levels between long and sprint format. :-)

Don't give a toss about the bookies lets hope other players take note that Ronnie at 93% pot success is beatable.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

O'Sullivan, who has practised with Yu at their base in Romford, said: "I played ok today but he is a very good player. I started slowly and that cost me. Sometimes a defeat can do you good because having won the Masters and the Welsh I was wondering when the run would come to an end. I can knuckle down now and get my game into shape." 

Postby Wildey

Thursday 27th of March

7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan 3-4 Yu De Lu
Anthony Hamilton 3-4 Gerard Greene

NB 8pm

Shaun Murphy 0-4 Judd Trump
Barry Hawkins v Ryan Day

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Trump continues to own Murphy

Yeah GJ,I thought this was the best time for Murphy to get a win under his belt against him but the first frame proved pivotal and after that it was the Trump show <laugh>

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:Don't give a toss about the bookies lets hope other players take note that Ronnie at 93% pot success is beatable.

That wasn't really my point, my point is that it is now so long since Ronnie last lost a proper long format match (pre Dr Peters) that losses in best of 7's etc have less and less significance on his chances at the long format Worlds.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
Wildey wrote:Don't give a toss about the bookies lets hope other players take note that Ronnie at 93% pot success is beatable.

That wasn't really my point, my point is that it is now so long since Ronnie last lost a proper long format match (pre Dr Peters) that losses in best of 7's etc have less and less significance on his chances at the long format Worlds.

nobody said losing today was significant when you talk about the crucible totally different kettle of fish but when you hear Top players talking about Ronnie they are in owe of him they really have to shake off that bullocks and treat him like any old mug and try and gain some sort of advantage against him.

by continually saying how good Ronnie is they build up a already high confidence he has.

Ronnie in form is beatable time players start realizing that.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:

Yeah and like Ronnie said post-match interview sometimes you need defeats like this to know you can't take things for granted, not saying Ronnie took him for granted but this defeat won't harm Ronnie's chances at the Worlds, far far from it.

It's a total diferent ball game the long frame format, and it will take a very inspired performance from someone to knock Ronnie out of the Worlds.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Still lots of permutations possible. It's still undecided whether Allen will meet Ronnie, Robertson, Selby or even Ding in the last 16.

What needs to happen now for Allen to meet Ronnie in the Last 16 at the Worlds SO?

Perry winning this event?