Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Final Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

By the way:

In 2007/08 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider,
In 2011/12 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider,
In 2012/13 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider,
In 2013/14 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider.

:-)

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way:

In 2007/08 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider,
In 2011/12 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider,
In 2012/13 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider,
In 2013/14 Ronnie lost his final match before the World Championship in a decider.

Yes, Ronnie has his preparation for the Worlds all sorted. <ok>

I just wish Ronnie had got a bit closer with that last missed red, he should try to make it look less obvious like Neil and Ding.
Last edited by Andy Spark on 28 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Ah ok.

Anyway Day forces decider. If Day is playing anywhere near the standard he was in Berlin then he's a contender this week.

Ryan Day improved a lot this season. He really crashed down hard in the rankings the last couple of years but he's starting to string a few good results together again. He's not quite back to his (consistent) best but he's moving in the right direction.

Not an easy draw next month for sure.

Postby Roland

I felt so sorry for him when he had that migraine at the Crucible and got whitewashed in the session after he'd knocked out Ding. He was looking sharp but got hit by the headache at the worst possible time.

Postby Andre147

Hum patterns :zzz:

But in way if Ronnie had won this tourney he may have come to Sheffield with too much confidence and that in itself could have add extra pressure on him.

Of course I'm not happy he lost that match, but at least like he said sometimes you need defeats like that after having won some important tournaments and being on a nice winning streak.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

But in way if Ronnie had won this tourney he may have come to Sheffield with too much confidence and that in itself could have add extra pressure on him.

Of course I'm not happy he lost that match, but at least like he said sometimes you need defeats like that after having won some important tournaments and being on a nice winning streak.

Brings him and everyone back down to earth and realize Snooker can hit any player in the balls.

its on the day and just turning up to events wont guarantee you winning them.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hawkins win 4-3! On the final black!

Yeah, tense affair that must have been :phew:

He'll play Delu then.

Would like Delu to keep it going and not just 1 inspired performance against Ronnie but sometimes that's what happens with these type of players. Big win, and then they lose.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:

<laugh> I hope you take these "statistics" with a grain of salt, at least I do. Of course that means nothing but I think it's fun finding patterns, I'm a bit like Skullman in that regard.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

<laugh> I hope you take these "statistics" with a grain of salt, at least I do. Of course that means nothing but I think it's fun finding patterns, I'm a bit like Skullman in that regard.

Well I said that but I'm just like you two so <laugh>