Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Final Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Roland

Robbo just tweeted that he fought as hard as he could under difficult circumstances. I wonder what he means by that. He looked jaded with bags under his eyes so maybe he's got some personal issues going on. He wasn't at the races anyway.

Postby Roland

He's doing ok I think, just a new experience for him up against one of the big boys. Judd's had his share of run and Reti should've carried on the tippy tappy when the ref suggested re-rack after a couple more shots as Judd was the one 30 ahead so it was up to him to force the issue. Anyway Judd will win but I"ve been impressed with Reti.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:He's doing ok I think, just a new experience for him up against one of the big boys. Judd's had his share of run and Reti should've carried on the tippy tappy when the ref suggested re-rack after a couple more shots as Judd was the one 30 ahead so it was up to him to force the issue. Anyway Judd will win but I"ve been impressed with Reti.

I agree. Do you know how old he is?

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Dave Hendon just answered that: 31.

That's too old for turning professional, I'm afraid.

Its up to him hes earned the right to be a pro its not being given to him on a plate.

Postby Andy Spark

31 isn't too old for Reti to turn pro. He should go for it if that's what he wants. :-)

All these other teenage Chinese being given loads of wildcards for Asian events, how many PTC's have they managed to win? Most haven't won any, Reti's obviously talented, I don't care if he is 31. I think there is always a danger that negative thought processes linked to a belief in age related decline or lack of incline becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. People should go for it at whatever age and then that can never happen, after all look at me, they told me if I carried on drinking my liver would disintegrate by 35 and I'm still alive at 37! :party:

(that last bit is just a joke.)

Postby Wildey

I Dont believe in giving players preferential treatment based on achievement in the game ie Giving Wild Cards to Old Legends but if those players no matter how old they are maintain or regain their tour status on merit then fair play to them they have the right to be there and the same goes to Ju Reti or any other player.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 26th of March

1pm

Stuart Bingham v Ryan Day Eurosport
Liang Wenbo v Yu De Lu

NB 2pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Scott Donaldson Eurosport
Mark Allen v Jamie Jones

7pm

Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins Eurosport
Joe Perry v Mark Davis

NB 8pm

Mark Selby v David Gilbert Eurosport
Fergal O'Brien v Michael Holt

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:The commentators last night were making out that Murphy is a massive contender for The Crucible. I'd still make Ronnie favourite, but agree that Murphy is coming into form at the right time.

i said what the TV Matches was before World Snooker even said then in their wisdom (or lack of) it was said that Marco Fu v Gary Wilson would be Televised before Reverting back to what i said at 1pm on Sunday.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:i said what the TV Matches was before World Snooker even said then in their wisdom (or lack of) it was said that Marco Fu v Gary Wilson would be Televised before Reverting back to what i said at 1pm on Sunday.

Damn moderators. Can't even quote the correct post. :grrr:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:i said what the TV Matches was before World Snooker even said then in their wisdom (or lack of) it was said that Marco Fu v Gary Wilson would be Televised before Reverting back to what i said at 1pm on Sunday.

Damn moderators. Can't even quote the correct post. :grrr:

<laugh>

SnookerFan :clap:
Wild rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:The commentators last night were making out that Murphy is a massive contender for The Crucible. I'd still make Ronnie favourite, but agree that Murphy is coming into form at the right time.

Obviously Murphy is a contender this year, maybe even ahead of Selby and Trump but I don't think anybody is disputing that Ronnie is the man to beat this year...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Yes

Best of seven, so I guess anybody has a chance of beating anybody else.

You'd have to make Bingham strong favourite though, wouldn't you?

Maybe not a strong favourite, Bingham's form dipped a bit in 2014 and Day had some good results recently. Nevertheless I expect Bingo to win this one.