Post a reply

Re: Wyldecrest Parks PTC Grand Finals... Final Discussion !

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well done Barry, unfortunately for Gerald he got off to a flyer and after that were was only gonna be one winner.

Yeah when Hawkins plays like that he's very hard to stop.

Postby Roland

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:Well it's not really Wild. If you think about it, Hearn has always wanted emphasis on the PTC series to make sure all players are incentivised to take part in the best of 7 three day events which take place at new locations across Europe and Asia. He said or JF said somewhere that any extra prize money on tour would be prioritised in the PTC grand finals.

I am surprised at the huge difference between winner and runner-up but overall I have no issue with it.

If that's the case why didn't he make the PTC Grand Finals in line with the Other ranking events regarding points in the last 4 years?

Winner 7,000
Runner up 5,600
Semi Finals 4,800
Quarter Finals 3,500
Last 16 2,660
Last 32 1,960

instead of the poor relation Ranking point wise

Well apart from the draw for the Worlds, there is no other impact to this. The tour places at the end of this season will be decided on prize money, not ranking points. Right now, today, this hour, ranking points are dead. RIP ranking points, welcome prize money lists.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:Well it's not really Wild. If you think about it, Hearn has always wanted emphasis on the PTC series to make sure all players are incentivised to take part in the best of 7 three day events which take place at new locations across Europe and Asia. He said or JF said somewhere that any extra prize money on tour would be prioritised in the PTC grand finals.

I am surprised at the huge difference between winner and runner-up but overall I have no issue with it.

If that's the case why didn't he make the PTC Grand Finals in line with the Other ranking events regarding points in the last 4 years?

Winner 7,000
Runner up 5,600
Semi Finals 4,800
Quarter Finals 3,500
Last 16 2,660
Last 32 1,960

Well apart from the draw for the Worlds, there is no other impact to this. The tour places at the end of this season will be decided on prize money, not ranking points. Right now, today, this hour, ranking points are dead. RIP ranking points, welcome prize money lists.

Definately Sonny, prize money rankings is the way forward, ok there will be many aspects that need sorting out, but hell all systems need sorting out and none of them are perfect so...

As you say, Welcome Prize Money lists :-D <ok>

Postby Roland

They have addressed the main concern, prize money first round losers will only have half the prize money count towards ranking. Despite being dead against it when first suggested, I am now not 100% in favour because I think it is a bit commercial, but I can accept it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Winner 7,000
Runner up 5,600
Semi Finals 4,800
Quarter Finals 3,500
Last 16 2,660
Last 32 1,960

bullocks

Prize Money rankings is the biggest load of cockerel it goes against what rankings should be about 175,000 points different between World Champ and Runner up don't make me laugh being world champ doesent make you that much better than the Runner up.

Postby Roland

Yes but even under the old system there was a difference between winner and runner up. 17-17 in the final, that last frame had so much hanging on it wrt ranking points, money and prestige.

Postby Roland

He has come a long way since the days of being the perennial under achiever, just outside the top 16 and who crumbles under the heat of battle. Always been a classy player to watch style wise but so late into his career has finally come good. I don't think it will be a massive shock if he wins in Sheffield which is something you wouldn't have said a couple of years ago.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:He has come a long way since the days of being the perennial under achiever, just outside the top 16 and who crumbles under the heat of battle. Always been a classy player to watch style wise but so late into his career has finally come good. I don't think it will be a massive shock if he wins in Sheffield which is something you wouldn't have said a couple of years ago.

Spot on.

Since Terry Griffiths took him under his wings, he turned it completely around. He's one of the best match players in the World now. Barry fully deserves this title and I'm sure there's to come...

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I quite enjoyed what I saw of those tournament. Lot of upsets, chances to see different people have decent runs in the tournament.

Yeah me too, it's a terrific venue as well so I think it should definately be held there again. And if we're honest if it had been in Thailand as originally planed it wouldn't have been so good, far from it.