Topic locked

Re: Gujinggong Liquor Haikou World Open Semi Final Discussio

Postby Skullman

Well he had played much better against Carter in the semis than he did against Allen here, and he still played poorly in the final then, so I suppose it could happen again.

Still, I'd like Mark to win a high quality match for once.

Postby Andre147

But a mention also goes to Allen, that's as close I think as anyone as ever come since Hendry (UK Champs 94,95,96) probably to winning the same ranking ranking event 3 straight years.

Don't know why but Allen always brings his A game here, bit ironic actually after his comments about playing in China prior to his first World Open win.

Postby Andy Spark

Not strictly about the semi I know, but this pun...
World Snooker site wrote:Allen On Target For Haikou Three-Peat

Oh dear. :weeds:

Maybe we should start a campaign against this kind of awful punning in snooker articles. If you have a great pun then use it, but nobody in their right mind could believe this is a good pun.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:I'm worried about the lazy articles. It seems they've stopped bothering to even get post-match quotes and have just match reports.

I'd do a better job, they should employ me for a "H-Andy Spark-ling" account of what's occurring without the awful puns. I'd get quotes too, even if I had to make them up. I'd write things like "At interview Ronnie congratulated his helplessly outclassed opponent on his unexceptional season before mumbling something equally unimportant, we left him alone shortly afterwards and I would guess his mind dwelt briefly on fellatio" Yes, to the point!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:But a mention also goes to Allen, that's as close I think as anyone as ever come since Hendry (UK Champs 94,95,96) probably to winning the same ranking ranking event 3 straight years.

Let's hope Ronnie will come even closer soon...

Even closer might mean reach the final and not winning it :roll: he has to equal Hendry, that would be something, especially in a tournament as the Worlds.