Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Last 128 Discussion !!

Postby Roland

No it was the Thai mafia.

Anyway stop bickering you two. It's clear now that Wildey wasn't following the previous part of the thread when he mentioned the 45 minute interval but also his response was uncalled for so just call it quits.

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:last night thepchaya un-nooh was at the mid session interval in less than 45 mins lol

Okay, so what's your point?

why do i need a point to post here?

after all there's no point at all to you and you post here <ok>

The whole match only lasted 71 minutes in playing time.

Postby Roland

That's 8 minutes per frame. Also shows that Un-Nooh gets a shift on when he has to. He's such a good player when he's on, he plays in a similar way to Ronnie albeit obviously not as good but similar style of play.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:That's 8 minutes per frame. Also shows that Un-Nooh gets a shift on when he has to. He's such a good player when he's on, he plays in a similar way to Ronnie albeit obviously not as good but similar style of play.

He came form 3-0 down today to beat O'Sullivan's nemesis Peter Lines. Good for him.

Ken Doherty beat Doug Mountjoy 5-0 in 34 minutes. That is less than 7 minutes per frame. Hard to beat that!

Postby Roland

Doherty one of those players who could put on a spurt and not miss for several frames. I thought Drago held all the records though

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Doherty one of those players who could put on a spurt and not miss for several frames. I thought Drago held all the records though

Drago won a frame in 3 minutes against Danny Fowler.

Postby Roland

Seems a bit fast for him to be fair. I can see him winning 3 or 4 frames in that time when he's on a spurt but 5 seems pushing it.

Postby vodkadiet

It was Drago vs Lanigan that was 34 minutes, so you were right Sonny.

Lowest ever paying attendance for a match is zero, Graeme Dott vs Dominic Dale in the 2004 Grand Prix.

Postby Roland

Haha and that would've been after he reached the World final. Poor Dotty. At least you're guaranteed to get a few to watch them play if it happened today.

Speaking Dotty he's having a tight match against Hendry's nephew Cahill at the moment. I heard Perry was remarking how Cahill was clocking up the miles walking around the table a lot instead of getting on with it in York, I suspect Graeme is having similar issues. Presumably Graeme knows about him and has played / practiced with him?

Postby snooky147

Sonny wrote:Haha and that would've been after he reached the World final. Poor Dotty. At least you're guaranteed to get a few to watch them play if it happened today.

Speaking Dotty he's having a tight match against Hendry's nephew Cahill at the moment. I heard Perry was remarking how Cahill was clocking up the miles walking around the table a lot instead of getting on with it in York, I suspect Graeme is having similar issues. Presumably Graeme knows about him and has played / practiced with him?

Probably does know that he's slow but to my knowledge they have not practiced together at all.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Haha and that would've been after he reached the World final. Poor Dotty. At least you're guaranteed to get a few to watch them play if it happened today.

I didn't know Cahill was Hendry's nephew. Dott gets wound up by slow players. He must know about that and is using it to his advantage.

Postby Roland

Cahill is Hendry's wife's sister's kid. I was sat watching him play Perry and Hendry/Williams/Hawkins were sat behind me and Cahill needed pink and black to win a frame, black was close to top cush and angle on pink you thought he would stun it in and off side cushion to land behind black but instead he dropped pink in dead weight then rolled black in down cushion dead weight. You could sense the pride in Hendry as he told Williams "That's what you'd do, float them in"

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Cahill is Hendry's wife's sister's kid. I was sat watching him play Perry and Hendry/Williams/Hawkins were sat behind me and Cahill needed pink and black to win a frame, black was close to top cush and angle on pink you thought he would stun it in and off side cushion to land behind black but instead he dropped pink in dead weight then rolled black in down cushion dead weight. You could sense the pride in Hendry as he told Williams "That's what you'd do, float them in"

I used to play a guy for money years ago and he would complain that I used to roll balls in rather than punching them in. I just ignored him and took his cash! :-D

Postby Roland

I'd love to play on tables where I could trust rolling them in. Sad fact is the clubs I play at have slow tables which don't run true and those which run faster also don't run true. I've played on a properly set up Star and it's a revelation. Yes the pockets are tighter and you can see why the pros don't like taking on shots down the rail but it's an absolute joy to be able to stroke the balls in and get reaction from the white and trust the ball will stay on line give or take the odd finger mark.

Postby Wildey

Ricky Walden 3-1 John J Astley
Judd Trump 4-2 Ratchayothin Yotharuck
Graeme Dott 1-2 James Cahill
Jimmy White 5-1 Dylan Mitchell
Cao Yupeng 2-2 Daniel Wells
Mark King 2-2 David Grace
Xiao Guodong 4-1 Andrew Pagett
Peter Ebdon 1-2 David Morris
Allister Carter 3-1 Stuart Carrington
Kurt Maflin 3-1 Robin Hull

Postby snooky147

Sonny wrote:I'd love to play on tables where I could trust rolling them in. Sad fact is the clubs I play at have slow tables which don't run true and those which run faster also don't run true. I've played on a properly set up Star and it's a revelation. Yes the pockets are tighter and you can see why the pros don't like taking on shots down the rail but it's an absolute joy to be able to stroke the balls in and get reaction from the white and trust the ball will stay on line give or take the odd finger mark.

Graeme recently got a brand new Star table installed as part of a sponsorship deal and I just cannot pot a ball on it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I'd love to play on tables where I could trust rolling them in. Sad fact is the clubs I play at have slow tables which don't run true and those which run faster also don't run true. I've played on a properly set up Star and it's a revelation. Yes the pockets are tighter and you can see why the pros don't like taking on shots down the rail but it's an absolute joy to be able to stroke the balls in and get reaction from the white and trust the ball will stay on line give or take the odd finger mark.

last night Ronnie didn't trust the tables to roll in balls lol

Postby Roland

Good for him! I think they're lovely to play on. The table I have in the club I play at has an ultra slow cloth but the pockets don't take a ball at pace. I've been playing there for a couple of months and think I've only had a couple of 40 breaks which is ridiculous. I'm used to getting 50s and 60s nearly every time I play. I can hold the white better on a fast cloth like a Star so although the pockets are tighter I can play to a much higher standard than I can on the club tables I'm on at the minute.

Postby snooky147

Sonny wrote:Dotty just up to the MSI. Get a move on Dotty lad

:redneck:

I would not like to be around him atm lmao.
Things must have went scrappy too because neither of them have been scoring but then again
the balls often run scrappy when a player is slowing things up, if that is what Cahill is doing.

Postby GJ

morris 4-2 up on ebdon

2 wins over ebo in a couple of weeks is a good sign for the lad and his snooker future.