Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

But if Ding wins I won't be too upset, in fact I'll be very happy for him because he'll equal Hendry's record of rankers in a season and this is as close as anyone as ever got since probably Hendry in dominating the rankers, so this alone says alot about what Ding has done recently and in particular this dream season.

Just to think for instance only a season ago hardly 1 player could win 2 rankers in the same season and jus look at what Ding has done <laugh>

Postby Cannonball

This could be the best final of the season if they don't meet again. Can't wait. Ding is a great break-builder, there's a great article on Ding's break-building and how he puts it on a ten pence piece and judges how the balls will scatter better than most and on a par with Hendry/Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Trumpster wrote:This could be the best final of the season if they don't meet again. Can't wait. Ding is a great break-builder, there's a great article on Ding's break-building and how he puts it on a ten pence piece and judges how the balls will scatter better than most and on a par with Hendry/Ronnie.

Yeah that article is great and hats off to the guy who wrote that, he was spot on in everything he said there. :hatoff:

Tomorrow's final surely gonna be a cracking one.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Trumpster wrote:This could be the best final of the season if they don't meet again. Can't wait. Ding is a great break-builder, there's a great article on Ding's break-building and how he puts it on a ten pence piece and judges how the balls will scatter better than most and on a par with Hendry/Ronnie.

Yeah that article is great and hats off to the guy who wrote that, he was spot on in everything he said there. :hatoff:

You know that Roland Cox is Sonny, right?

Postby Cannonball

It's a dream final. Not gonna miss this one. I was going to brush, block and iron the table and practice for a few hours tomorrow. That's gone, gone, gone!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

rofl <doh> Is he? I really didn't know Skull, that's why I said that :wave: Jesus, silly me :shrug:

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

rofl <doh> Is he? I really didn't know Skull, that's why I said that :wave: Jesus, silly me :shrug:

Haha, so Roland Cox is a Zappa fan? Hot rats.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:I thought the final would be at 2 p.m though, but nevermind I'll surely won't miss it.

It'll be worth it just to see Ding shake everyone's hand when he walks down the stairs; what a lovely touch. He even apologised to the bloke he missed. Top man this Ding.

Postby Roland

Yes I love Zappa and wrote that piece on Ding and intend to follow it up with more. Judd next because he's easy and I've got most of it penned down. Thanks for the thumbs up.

I've been out practicing all day for my match in the York Masters on Monday (live streamed at www.yorkmasters.co.uk but I advise against watching it) but I've been following the action on twitter. Now I'm home I think it's time to sit back and enjoy some of tonights action. The praise for Ronnie I've seen from the pros on twitter says it all about what I'm about to see.

Postby Roland

Well I've caught up with a few frames from youtube. Time to be controversial. Every break I saw was kick started by Hawkins missing a pot he should have potted, and every break Ronnie made although clinical was nothing which I personally found particularly inspiring. Yes he was timing the ball and potting everything, but I've seen it all before. There were no special shots, the 5 reds on cushions to clear to win by one point was exaggeration (WT said on Twitter it was one of the best clearances he's ever seen - absolute bullocks), the 117 in frame 3 was over hyped and if Ding is on his game tomorrow he's got every chance.

Come on Ding!

:D

Postby hendry_fan

Sonny wrote:Well I've caught up with a few frames from youtube. Time to be controversial. Every break I saw was kick started by Hawkins missing a pot he should have potted, and every break Ronnie made although clinical was nothing which I personally found particularly inspiring. Yes he was timing the ball and potting everything, but I've seen it all before. There were no special shots, the 5 reds on cushions to clear to win by one point was exaggeration (WT said on Twitter it was one of the best clearances he's ever seen - absolute bullocks), the 117 in frame 3 was over hyped and if Ding is on his game tomorrow he's got every chance.

Come on Ding!

Exactly Sonny,thats what is annoying sometimes when they start rambling on about Ronnie,they often ramble on as if they,ve never seen the likes and only Ronnie has been able to play like the way he did yesterday,play amazing pots and often exaggerate,yes,Ronnie played very good yesterday,no doubt about that,but as you wrote,we,ve seen that kind of stuff countless times before over the years,we,ve seen,many many times way better than that before,not only from Ronnie himself,but from Davis,Hendry,Higgins,Williams,Hunter,White as well as many other players over the years.

These players especially used to deliver very good to great performances time and time again,many it seems have forgotten about that,or maybe they,d like to forget it happened,yes,it,s history,but it happened,in 5,maybe 10 years,(who knows how Ronnie will want to continue to play and who knows how long he can keep playing high to very high standard snooker),Ronnie will then also at some point be history,but the records,his playing style,ability will never be forgotten,just like Davis,Hendry,Higgins,Williams,Hunter,White,etc should not just be forgotten about.

I,d also like to add that,most of the over the top/biased Ronnie fans,Hendry dis-liker/haters who like to ramble on about him and try and disrespect Hendry,most of them did,nt even see,watch Hendry when he was in his prime,so it,s ridiculous that they spout out the rubbish that they spout out. <doh>

It,s easy eg for a 16 year old,or someone in general to say Ronnie is the greatest when they did,nt even see Hendry play in his prime.

What i,m really trying to point out here,is that especially the likes of Davis,Hendry,Higgins,Williams,etc should get much more respect,credit than they actually get,(especially Hendry),some hardcore biased Ronnie fans as well as some absolute Hendry dis-likers/haters ramble on about him,or have rambled on about him as if he,s nothing.

I,ll write it again,....even if one dis-likes or hates someone does,nt mean to say that they should be disrespected and tried to be made out as if there nothing.

I personally have always been rooting for Ronnie to loose,obviously cause he,s the only one who has a chance of beating Hendrys records,but that does,nt mean to say that i hate him or that i have no respect him.

Ronnie himself has got a good few records under his belt already and he,s got a chance to beat the main record(s) that count,= the most world championship titles,the most titles in general.

The same could be said to the likes of Higgins/Selby as far as disrespecting is concerned,many of the Ronnie fans who like to try and bring Higgins/Selby down,is mainly cause they got in Ronnies way,stopped him winning certain tournaments,If it was eg,Mike Dunn or Michael holt who had gotten in his way,then they also would have gotten a mouthful. :-D

Anyway,i,m looking forward to watching the final,i still have,nt made my mind up as who i want to win yet,i,d rather that both of them lost,but there has to be a winner. :mood: <laugh>

Postby Blavdes

Sonny wrote:Well I've caught up with a few frames from youtube. Time to be controversial. Every break I saw was kick started by Hawkins missing a pot he should have potted, and every break Ronnie made although clinical was nothing which I personally found particularly inspiring. Yes he was timing the ball and potting everything, but I've seen it all before. There were no special shots, the 5 reds on cushions to clear to win by one point was exaggeration (WT said on Twitter it was one of the best clearances he's ever seen - absolute bullocks), the 117 in frame 3 was over hyped and if Ding is on his game tomorrow he's got every chance.

Come on Ding!

You weren't inspired by Ronnie's performances at the Masters either so we'll just leave it at that rofl

Postby Wildey

Come on Ding!

its not as if Barry didn't have a chance he had countless chances to win frames and he didnt.

lets put it in to perspective Ronnie is not playing unbeatable snooker far from it he is there for the taking someone has to stand up to the challenge.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:

Come on Ding!

its not as if Barry didn't have a chance he had countless chances to win frames and he didnt.

lets put it in to perspective Ronnie is not playing unbeatable snooker far from it he is there for the taking someone has to stand up to the challenge.

Like Ding was playing any better so far... Perry had chances in nearly every frame and Walker should have beaten him.

Postby NNear

Ronnie's play was excellent yesterday and the yellow near the end of his last century was a superb shot as was the earlier shot to move the red from the cushion IIRC.

His form is better than Ding's right now so either Ding must raise his game a notch for the final or Ronnie must play a bit worse if you guys want to see a gripping tight final to the finish.

Postby NNear

Wildey wrote:i never said he was playing any better. but Ronnie is not unbeatable

HAHAHAH!!!

No shizzle, Sherlock.

When greats get on a roll at the same time, anybody can win.

Just look at Hendry's seven centuries in one match or Ronnie's record for unanswered points and Higgins and Ding have similar such streaks and examples of prolificacy.

I bet all their peak levels are approximately equally effective and they are all capable of destroying each other as well if they get on a roll.

This is sport. It goes without saying that nobody is unbeatable, not even Nadal who loves injury excuses after any important losses, true or not.

Postby NNear

Let's observe the quite obvious facts regarding the Welsh Open.

Ronnie is in the best form and Ding is in the second best form.

Ronnie is understandably a slight favourite, but neither result would be surprising. These two are above the rest right now.

Postby Holden Chinaski

NNear wrote:Let's observe the quite obvious facts regarding the Welsh Open.

Ronnie is in the best form and Ding is in the second best form.

Ronnie is understandably a slight favourite, but neither result would be surprising. These two are above the rest right now.

Agreed.