Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

NNear wrote:Yeah, I imagine Ding will pull away.

BTW, Hendry rated the Masters over the UK even back in the 90's because he saw it as a direct chance to prove that he is indisputably the number one player in the world against the most select and elite field possible.

Also, the Majors thing can be misleading because it also sort of suggests that they are all approximately of equal importance, but we all know that the World Championships is unquestionably THE event to win above all others.

All Tournaments are important to win but at the start of a season every player has a priority list and for Robertson the Aussie open is near the top of that list, Ding would put Wuxi classic as a priority next season and under all sort of pressure Aditya Mehta almost claimed one of his personnel "MAJOR" this season in India and Mark Williams is desperate to be Welsh Open champion again.

Postby Andre147

Afternoon folks.

Managed to catch the action when Ding was 3-1 up but now a few mistakes have led him to lose that lead and now we're all level again.

But for me even if Perry gets to 5 frames I don't think he'll be able to close things out, that's been his main problem down the years in Big matches and Ding on the other hand nowadays when he faces adversity raises his game like only the greats do and often wins them matches with Big breaks.

I think Ding will win even if he goes 5-3 down.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Afternoon folks.

Managed to catch the action when Ding was 3-1 up but now a few mistakes have led him to lose that lead and now we're all level again.

But for me even if Perry gets to 5 frames I don't think he'll be able to close things out, that's been his main problem down the years in Big matches and Ding on the other hand nowadays when he faces adversity raises his game like only the greats do and often wins them matches with Big breaks.

I think Ding will win even if he goes 5-3 down.

So you're saying no way Perry will win this?

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Joe needed that frame. Ding's 5th ranking final this season looks a certainty now.

What makes you think that?,no faith in Barry or Ronnie?. :-D

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Joe needed that frame. Ding's 5th ranking final this season looks a certainty now.

Final, not title.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Final, not title.

OOOOOPS!,even i was gettin a bit carried away there,i thought for a min Overdrive stopped havin faith in his beloved Ronnie,or barry for that matter. :-D

I,m in a dilemma!. :shrug: HELLLLLP!. :shrug:

If Ronnie makes it to the final then i really don,t know who to root for,as i never root for him,cause he,s obviously trying to beat Hendrys records and if he were to win this Welsh Open then his tournament win tally would rise up to 26,but on the other hand it,ll be hard to root for Ding,obviously cause if he wins this tourney,he,ll have equalled Hendrys amazing record of wining 5 titles in a season and will even have the chance to beat it due to the fact that there,s still another 3 tourneys left till the season ends. :dizzy:

Hmmmm,now who should i root for,hey,wait a minute,now if i,ve just done my maths correctly and Barry beats Ronnie tonight,then i won,t be able,or have to root for Ronnie tomorrow,which means i,ll root for Barry.<laugh>

Postby Skullman

And Ding closes it out 6-4 with his second ton of the match.

Outside those two centuries he hasn't been anywhere near his best. Needs to improve for the final, but at least he's there.

Postby Andy Spark

snooker booted off by the BBC. >-(

First we have to listen to commentators like Morgan, a man who doesn't so much drop his H's as hurl them into an abyss, a man who can only find his way to a single negative by accidentally creating a triple one. Then we have to listen to Willie Thorne, a man who has never knowingly siad anything strictly accurate. Then they boot us off the red button for football final score, not even live football! >-( In my opinion BBC stands for Bad, bullocks and crap.

Postby Casey

Ding V Ronnie would be very tasty indeed. The two best players so far this year (Robbo not far behind). What an achievemnt it would be if Ding was to win his 5th ranking event this season.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

hendry_fan wrote:I,m in a dilemma!. :shrug: HELLLLLP!. :shrug:

If Ronnie makes it to the final then i really don,t know who to root for,as i never root for him,cause he,s obviously trying to beat Hendrys records and if he were to win this Welsh Open then his tournament win tally would rise up to 26,but on the other hand it,ll be hard to root for Ding,obviously cause if he wins this tourney,he,ll have equalled Hendrys amazing record of wining 5 titles in a season and will even have the chance to beat it due to the fact that there,s still another 3 tourneys left till the season ends. :dizzy:

Hmmmm,now who should i root for,hey,wait a minute,now if i,ve just done my maths correctly and Barry beats Ronnie tonight,then i won,t be able,or have to root for Ronnie tomorrow,which means i,ll root for Barry.<laugh>

I figured you would say something like that <laugh>

I suggest you support Ronnie because Hendry's record of 36 ranking titles is safe even if Ronnie wins tomorrow.

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Ding V Ronnie would be very tasty indeed. The two best players so far this year (Robbo not far behind). What an achievemnt it would be if Ding was to win his 5th ranking event this season.

Bet he hopes he doesn't do a Hendry and win five rankers and then not win the Worlds.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:OOOOOPS!,even i was gettin a bit carried away there,i thought for a min Overdrive stopped havin faith in his beloved Ronnie,or barry for that matter. :-D

Go for Ding. Even if he reaches five in a season, his won't be consecutive, so he won't have surpassed Hendry.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This clearance is scary

:hatoff: It was, the best break of the tournament by far, some of the shots he played there to recover position were just out of this world, there was a time I thought he would roll up safe behind that green but no not only he took the green on but gained perfect position on the red, that was the shot of the match for me :hatoff:

He was on Ronnie mode there, really wanted to win the match with that break and he truly did.

This is is 5 ranking final of the season, and has the chance of equalling Hendry's 5 rankers in a season.

This just makes me look back say even a season ago when hardly 1 player could win 2 rankers in the same season <laugh> What Ding has done this season should not go underestimated and is one of the finest achievements in our sport. Not even other greats like Ronnie,Higgins and Williams ever managed to do what Ding has done here so that does say a lot.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:Ding V Ronnie would be very tasty indeed. The two best players so far this year (Robbo not far behind). What an achievemnt it would be if Ding was to win his 5th ranking event this season.

Bet he hopes he doesn't do a Hendry and win five rankers and then not win the Worlds.

Hendry didn't win the Worlds that season? :shock:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Hendry didn't win the Worlds that season? :shock:

Was the 1990/1991 season he got five, wasn't it? He lost in the quarters that year, and Parrott ended up winning his only World title.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:OOOOOPS!,even i was gettin a bit carried away there,i thought for a min Overdrive stopped havin faith in his beloved Ronnie,or barry for that matter. :-D

Go for Ding. Even if he reaches five in a season, his won't be consecutive, so he won't have surpassed Hendry.

He'll need 6 to surpass Hendry and not concecutive as you say, but what the hell Ding deserves every credit for what he has done this season. :hatoff:

The man is just giving it all this season and the hard work has paid off.

But for me I don't think he'll win the Worlds this season, I'd like him to apart from Ronnie of course but something tells me he won't. Would give Robbo more of a chance to win it again.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Looks like Ding, Ronnie, Robertson and Fu will be the only participants of this years Champion of Champions rofl

It'll just be the Masters field at this rate, because they'll take the rest based on rankings.

Oh and CL, where none of them are in the winners group.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Looks like Ding, Ronnie, Robertson and Fu will be the only participants of this years Champion of Champions rofl

It'll just be the Masters field at this rate, because they'll take the rest based on rankings.

Oh and CL, where none of them are in the winners group.

Yeah but didn't Hearn say something about having to win stuff to get in there? Ding is crushing Hearn's plans at the moment <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:I,m in a dilemma!. :shrug: HELLLLLP!. :shrug:

I figured you would say something like that <laugh>

I suggest you support Ronnie because Hendry's record of 36 ranking titles is safe even if Ronnie wins tomorrow.

Well if Ronnie were to win this then he,d <only> be a mere 10 behind,whereas if Ding were to win then he,d rise up to 11 titles meaning he,d then <only> be 25 behind Hendry.

The easiest option is if Barry would beat both Ronnie and Ding.
Mind you,that would mean his tournament tally would go up as well,up to 2,he,d then <only> be 34 behind Hendry. :dizzy:

It looks like i,ll be indeed rooooooooooooooting for Barry!. <laugh>