Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:But for me I don't think he'll win the Worlds this season, I'd like him to apart from Ronnie of course but something tells me he won't. Would give Robbo more of a chance to win it again.

Same here. Selby had such a great season going into last years Worlds and that also can put pressure on a player expecting to have a great run...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Next up, the World final rematch!

Hawkins was obviously playing well yesterday, but besides that I know very little about his recent form. He only reached one semi and quarter final this season prior to this Welsh Open and he didn't play very well in the Masters.

I think Ronnie will have to play quite well tonight but he's full of confidence at the moment so I have no doubt he will produce a fine performance against the Hawk.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Blavdes wrote:I might be wrong (probably am) but Ronnie seems to win the opening frame in the big matches the past couple of years since he's been on top form and often cruises from there.

Yeah when he's firing on all cylinders he nearly always wins the first frame(s), but he didn't in the UK and the CoC so it's not like he's doing it all the time these last years...

Postby Cannonball

Hawkins needs to win the first frame, possibly the first two, to have a chance. This will be his best chance against Ronnie for a while. I think Ronnie is slightly off colour, certainly not in 5th gear. Yet.

Postby NNear

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I expect Ronnie to concede more than 1 frames this match, and Hawkins will probably not win with another whitewash <laugh>

If only.

Not a fan?

I guess I should be a fan of Selby being from Leicester and all. I respect his amazing tactical qualities which are creative and precise.

Postby Skullman

NNear wrote:Not a fan?

I guess I should be a fan of Selby being from Leicester and all. I respect his amazing tactical qualities which are creative and precise.

No.

And never got why you support a player because they live near you. Although that said, the nearest players to me would be in Leicester or Cambridge aka Selby and Robbo.

Postby NNear

Skullman wrote:
NNear wrote:Not a fan?

No.

And never got why you support a player because they live near you. Although that said, the nearest players to me would be in Leicester or Cambridge aka Selby and Robbo.

Yes, point being that I'm not a Selby fan, blasphemous to some!

Same applies in all sports. Who I support is not based on where they were born, but mainly by how they ply their trade.

Postby NNear

I'm curious though as to why one would want to see a whitewash, after all this is sport, and what's better than a well fought tight affair that could go either way?

Great start for Hawkins. He's ready to play.

Postby Skullman

NNear wrote:I'm curious though as to why one would want to see a whitewash, after all this is sport, and what's better than a well fought tight affair that could go either way?

Seeing your favourite player win. But that comment was a joke(ish).

Postby NNear

Skullman wrote:
NNear wrote:I'm curious though as to why one would want to see a whitewash, after all this is sport, and what's better than a well fought tight affair that could go either way?

Seeing your favourite player win. But that comment was a joke(ish).

:chuckle:

OK guys, enjoy the match.