Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby NNear

Yeah, I imagine Ding will pull away.

BTW, Hendry rated the Masters over the UK even back in the 90's because he saw it as a direct chance to prove that he is indisputably the number one player in the world against the most select and elite field possible.

Also, the Majors thing can be misleading because it also sort of suggests that they are all approximately of equal importance, but we all know that the World Championships is unquestionably THE event to win above all others.
Last edited by NNear on 01 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

And I'm sure the fact that he won five Masters in a row didn't skew his opinions.

In all seriousness, as a viewer I prefer the Masters because of the one table situation makes any match feel bigger.

Postby NNear

Skullman wrote:And I'm sure the fact that he won five Masters in a row didn't skew his opinions.

In all seriousness, as a viewer I prefer the Masters because of the one table situation makes any match feel bigger.

The fact he won five in a row can just as easily be proof that he was extra focused and determined to win that event...

Anyway, his reasoning makes a lot of sense (not saying he's right, just that it's a valid angle to view things from).

Postby Snooker Overdrive

NNear wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding is a winning machine nowadays. Extremely dangerous.

Who wins the Welsh Open final if it's between Ding and Ronnie? :evilgrin:

Good question. I have to (slightly) favour Ronnie. Ding won 4 ranking titles this season but he didn't have to play someone like Ronnie in these finals. It would surely be a tight match and I think in these situations Ronnie has the edge over Ding.

Postby NNear

Couple of good shots required here and Joe has a good chance to at least get a big lead in this fifth frame.

He's in control of the cue-ball now.

And yes, I also would favour Ronnie by a couple of frames against Ding in a potential final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:3-3.

Ding letting his lead slip. Wasn't expecting Perry to come close after he went 3-1.

Ding started making errors after the interval and as Joe proved yesterday, he has the scoring power to really punish the likes of Selby and Ding. His long potting is also very good.