Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby NNear

Despite what people have been saying about Ronnie's form here, I think too many of his fans are pessimistic. I think he's clearly shown the best form of all the players at the tournament which is impressive in itself and one can't expect him to produce his A**** performance in every single match.

On the whole, he has been dominating his opponents but critically, he's been reliably clutch -- not flinching at all.

Postby TheRocket

NNear wrote:Despite what people have been saying about Ronnie's form here, I think too many of his fans are pessimistic. I think he's clearly shown the best form of all the players at the tournament which is impressive in itself and one can't expect him to produce his A**** performance in every single match.

On the whole, he has been dominating his opponents but critically, he's been reliably clutch -- not flinching at all.

He didn't play well in his first two matches but after that things have clearly changed, no doubt.

Postby rocketronnie147

NNear wrote:Despite what people have been saying about Ronnie's form here, I think too many of his fans are pessimistic. I think he's clearly shown the best form of all the players at the tournament which is impressive in itself and one can't expect him to produce his A**** performance in every single match.

Thing is, we always compare Ronnie to Ronnie.....Ronnie's C game is better than most. But Ronnie's B game is much below his A game (which is on display today so far). So I'm basically saying that you can't help but compare how he plays to how he's CAPABLE of playing. It's like Tiger Woods in golf....

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If Ronnie wins this we could see one of the greatest finals of all time. It could be a real firework.

Let's not get carried away :-D

Their CoC meeting this season to be fair wasn't that great in terms of high quality, both struggled especially after the MSI, but a Final here I think it will be a very good match.

Even though it was a long time ago and it was a diferent Ding, it could be a similar final to their Northern Ireland trophy one when Ding won 9-6, just hope if they meet the winner is diferent. :-D
Last edited by Andre147 on 01 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Ding is definitely mentally far stronger than he was in 2007, so even if Ronnie plays well, Ding won't give up and keep fighting so I can't see Ronnie crushing Ding. Ding's just too rock solid atm.

But if there's someone who can crush the current Ding it's Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Just thinking, it's odd that Shaun Murphy's 142 hasn't been exceeded yet.

remember what I said beggining of the week... i thought it wouldn't be beaten, and it proves so far I was right and I don't think we'll see a break above that for the rest of the tournament.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Ding is definitely mentally far stronger than he was in 2007, so even if Ronnie plays well, Ding won't give up and keep fighting so I can't see Ronnie crushing Ding. Ding's just too rock solid atm.

It seems only Ding and Robertson can challenge Ronnie at the moment.

But like you said Ronnie has the ability to crush absolutely anyone no matter how well they are playing, his A game is unplayable.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 01 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If Ronnie wins this we could see one of the greatest finals of all time. It could be a real firework.

Yes,you said it!.

And before certain Ronnie fans or who else starts to ramble on,....i did,nt start this,...this guy did here,...

"Postby rocketronnie147 » 35 minutes ago

"G.O.A.T."

Sorry mate,RONNIE HAS A CHANCE TO BECOME THE G.O.A.T,but he,s still got a bit to go!!.

Hendry= Ranking event finals: 57 (36 titles, 21 runner-ups),(7 WORLD TITLES,9 WORLDS FINALS)

Ronnie= Ranking event finals: 36 (25 titles, 11 runner-ups),(5 WORLD TITLES,5 WORLDS FINALS)

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ding is definitely mentally far stronger than he was in 2007, so even if Ronnie plays well, Ding won't give up and keep fighting so I can't see Ronnie crushing Ding. Ding's just too rock solid atm.

Despite neither of them having beaten him, the players who have being Bingo, Un-Nooh and Liang.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Despite neither of them having beaten him, the players who have being Bingo, Un-Nooh and Liang.

Funny isn't it? <laugh>

You can't really count Un-Nooh though, Dennis Taylor would have beaten him that day.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I'm not even sure with Robertson. Sure, he can annoy Ronnie and push him but over the longer distance Ronnie somehow keeps getting the better of Robertson because he's just that little bit stronger.
WC 2007 and 2012 are the best examples. The only one who can really cope with current O'Sullivan is peak Higgins but he obviously won't be back anymore with that kind of form, so there is indeed only Ding atm but I'm not always sure with him because he can break down anytime where you didn't expect it, like he often did at the WC.

Ronnie for me massive favourite for this years World. If he's playing his game he is gonna win it for sure.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

hendry_fan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yes,you said it!.

And before certain Ronnie fans or who else starts to ramble on,....i did,nt start this,...this guy did here,...

"G.O.A.T."

Sorry mate,RONNIE HAS A CHANCE TO BECOME THE G.O.A.T,but he,s still got a bit to go!!.

Hendry= Ranking event finals: 57 (36 titles, 21 runner-ups),(7 WORLD TITLES,9 WORLDS FINALS)

Ronnie= Ranking event finals: 36 (25 titles, 11 runner-ups),(5 WORLD TITLES,5 WORLDS FINALS)

<laugh> Hendryfan

you don't have to respond to every single post that has the words "greatest" or "goat" in it

Postby TheRocket

hendry_fan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yes,you said it!.

"G.O.A.T."

You've got to learn that if we praise Ronnie, it doesn't mean we are insulting Hendry. You don't have to turn everything into a Hendry-Ronnie debate. Ronnie btw said several time that Hendry is the greatest ever, so be relaxed, lol.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I'm not even sure with Robertson. Sure, he can annoy Ronnie and push him but over the longer distance Ronnie somehow keeps getting the better of Robertson because he's just that little bit stronger.
WC 2007 and 2012 are the best examples. The only one who can really cope with current O'Sullivan is peak Higgins but he obviously won't be back anymore with that kind of form, so there is indeed only Ding atm but I'm not always sure with him because he can break down anytime where you didn't expect it, like he often did at the WC.

Ronnie for me massive favourite for this years World. If he's playing his game he is gonna win it for sure.

If he were to win the Worlds this year it would probably be Ronnie's best season in his career.

It's an amazing time to be a Ronnie fan, that's for sure :-D

Postby NNear

Not the GOAT yet (was it tennis that popularised this acronym?) but you can argue he is the BOAT (best). One can argue that Ronnie has achieved the highest snooker level so far but Hendry has arguments that are just as strong such as 7 centuries in a best of 19 match and such...

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The only one who can really cope with current O'Sullivan is peak Higgins

Well if you're including peak Higgins, you may as well include Hendry.

I'm speaking about the current players obviously.