Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby Andy Spark

TheRocket wrote:Selby's struggling heavily in the breakbuilding department. He was a machine between 08- WC 2011 but things has changed a lot in the last 2,5 years.

Yes, he might be on the decline. Maybe it's kicked in early.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:Selby's struggling heavily in the breakbuilding department. He was a machine between 08- WC 2011 but things has changed a lot in the last 2,5 years.

Well he's still fourth in terms of centuries made this season, behind only Robbo, Ding and Judd.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Mark Selby fluking a ball and not apologising. No sportsmanship.

He did apologise.

Well, I didn't hear and I heard Terry say he didn't.

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Mark Selby fluking a ball and not apologising. No sportsmanship.

He did apologise.

He raised his hand to apologise on camera and Hallett and Studd say he did as well.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Skullman wrote:

He did apologise.

He raised his hand to apologise on camera and Hallett and Studd say he did as well.

Oh well, Terry got it wrong then. I apologise to Selby for accusing him, I was misinformed.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:

Well he's still fourth in terms of centuries made this season, behind only Robbo, Ding and Judd.

Yes but strangely when you're watching him you always have the feeling that he struggles to pull off an one visit stuff break. I've watched Selby matches a lot over the years and the Selby of 2010 would have destroyed the Selby of today in the breakbuilding department.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I don't really care if a player doesn't apolagize for every fluke. Ok if a player never apologizes for a fluke or if the fluke wins them the match it gets on my nerves but everybody has a fluke now and then, no big deal.

I dislike players who make a big deal of kicks and act like they are always unlucky when their opponent has a fluke. Judd is like that and he has flukes all the time.

Postby Andre147

Selby 3 nil down :-D sorry but couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :D

But I know full well things are far from over knowing Selby and even at 4 nil down I would definately give Selby a chance to win the match, his comebacks are remarkable and he'll have to do some of that here if he's to win this match.