Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Selby 3 nil down :-D sorry but couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :D

Are you saying Perry's the nice bloke or Mark?

Haha what you think... Mark of course :-D

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:And Perry plays for the blue. That was a great chance for a max. Ronnie would have gone for it.

Amateur. You never call a max until after they go into the pack because it can go wrong there.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:And Perry plays for the blue. That was a great chance for a max. Ronnie would have gone for it.

Amateur. You never call a max until after they go into the pack because it can go wrong there.

It was a good chance nevertheless. He could have played for the black and then tried to open the pack from the black and if it had gone right , then every chance to get it.

Postby Andre147

rocketronnie147 wrote:Selby is getting his bottom handed to him.......Impressive stuff by Perry!

Hawkins looks like he'll give Ronnie a great match.....

He will yeah Im certain, both would in fact.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Barry makes a second century as well. I continually underrate him. Must take care not to make that mistake again.

He's a tremendous player, has been for years and is one of those who definately benefited from the increase in tournaments per season.

He'll give Ronnie a decent match I'm sure, as he did at their Worlds final, in fact all matches between them are fairly close and very high standard.

Postby Andre147

I honestly can't see a Selby comeback, he's not playing well enough and isn't the Selby of 3 or 4 years ago that when down could produce a barrage of big breaks.

Perry would seriously have to drop his level for Selby to stand a chance and in turn Mark would have to make the most of every chance.

With Selby no comeback is impossible, but here I think Perry will win 5-3 at the most but think it will be easier than that.

Postby TheRocket

The standard Hawkins is playing on the other table is the same he played in the 2013 World Championship. That's why he beat Ding and Selby on his way to the final. Anyone who have seen that match knows how good Ronnie had to play to beat Hawkins. 6 centuries by Ronnie, which is a record, 8 in the whole match which equalized the record of the 2002 Hendry-Ebdon match. Ronnie couldn't have played any better and Hawkins still gave him a very good match.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The standard Hawkins is playing on the other table is the same he played in the 2013 World Championship. That's why he beat Ding and Selby on his way to the final. Anyone who have seen that match knows how good Ronnie had to play to beat Hawkins. 6 centuries, which is a record, 8 in the whole match which equalized the record of the 2002 Hendry-Ebdon match. Ronnie couldn't have played any better and Hawkins still gave him a very good match.

Yes that was one of the very best performances from Ronnie and the 18-12 scoreline is very misleading because Barry put so much pressure on Ronnie to perform, and like the Champ he is he truly did. :-D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:Barry makes a second century as well. I continually underrate him. Must take care not to make that mistake again.

Hawkins is a brilliant player when he's playing his A game. He played fantastic in the world championship final against Ronnie and would have probably beaten anyone except Ronnie the way he played.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:The standard Hawkins is playing on the other table is the same he played in the 2013 World Championship. That's why he beat Ding and Selby on his way to the final. Anyone who have seen that match knows how good Ronnie had to play to beat Hawkins. 6 centuries by Ronnie, which is a record, 8 in the whole match which equalized the record of the 2002 Hendry-Ebdon match. Ronnie couldn't have played any better and Hawkins still gave him a very good match.

Barry definitely played his best ever snooker in that final but he didn't play anywhere near that well for the rest of the tournament, his solid performance against Jack excluded.

Postby TheRocket

I watched that Australian Open final 2012 when he played Peter Ebdon and he played such a brillant stuff and I realized back then how good this guy can really play. When he's on his game he can pull off brillant breaks and his allroundgame is very solid. Underachiever for me. It doesn't surprise me that all his matches against Ronnie were so close and that he annoyed Mark Selby so much.

Postby Andre147

Imagine in the same evening 2 players recovering from 4 nil down to win 5-4 <laugh>

Didn't that happen in the same evening once think it was at the UK Champs 2001 when both Ronnie and Williams cameback from 8-4 or 8-5 to win their matches in the same evening.