Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:
Haven't expected you to agree. :chin:

I say that as someone who watched their semi final in the German Masters. Was one for the purists. I'm fine watching that, but as there are so many Ronnie fans here, I doubt that would be preferred style of play.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I say that as someone who watched their semi final in the German Masters. Was one for the purists. I'm fine watching that, but as there are so many Ronnie fans here, I doubt that would be preferred style of play.

It's not because of the style mate. Selby is faster than Fu and he's not that negative as some people here are saying. He can be good to watch sometimes. It's more because of Fu vs Hawkins. No disrespect to Perry but I don't think, he can really threaten Selby here. Fu vs Hawkins on the other side is gonna be much more exciting. I think the standard is gonna be higher than this match.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:It's not because of the style mate. Selby is faster than Fu and he's not that negative as some people here are saying. He can be good to watch sometimes. It's more because of Fu vs Hawkins. No disrespect to Perry but I don't think, he can really threaten Selby here. Fu vs Hawkins on the other side is gonna be much more exciting. I think the standard is gonna be higher than this match.

Well Fu v Hakwins would have been decent, admittedly, but WS have never cared about putting close matches on. It's always the biggest name, no matter who they're facing.

Postby Jester82

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

What do you mean by ''purists''?

Postby Skullman

Jester82 wrote:What do you mean by ''purists''?

When a match is described as one for the purists it normally means that there'll be a lot of safety play and not always big breaks.

Postby Jester82

Skullman wrote:
Jester82 wrote:What do you mean by ''purists''?

When a match is described as one for the purists it normally means that there'll be a lot of safety play and not always big breaks.

So a lot of tactical stuff...but I can't recall Hawkins turning in many safety plays.