Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Ding. Selby's lost to Robbo and Ronnie in big matches. I think it's imperative that he has a win over a big player in a big match before the Crucible for both confidence purposes and to prove he's a one of the really big hitters.

yup but theres plenty of chances before the crucible.

Sooner the better. Plus multiple good wins over big players wouldn't hurt.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Ding. Selby's lost to Robbo and Ronnie in big matches. I think it's imperative that he has a win over a big player in a big match before the Crucible for both confidence purposes and to prove he's a one of the really big hitters.

yup but theres plenty of chances before the crucible.

Sooner the better. Plus multiple good wins over big players wouldn't hurt.

Take Ronnie apart in the final sounds good to me?

Postby Sickpotter

I think Walker is hungrier for a good run this event than Ding is, might just be the needed catalyst.

Nice to see a newcomer to the tour going deep, bodes well for his future in the game

Postby Skullman

Sickpotter wrote:I think Walker is hungrier for a good run this event than Ding is, might just be the needed catalyst.

Nice to see a newcomer to the tour going deep, bodes well for his future in the game

Important to see how he does in future events. Too many young players having good runs and then doing nothing for the next few events, Luca being a good example.

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:I think Walker is hungrier for a good run this event than Ding is, might just be the needed catalyst.

yea we need to see young players taking the game by the scruff.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Unfortunately Walker is starting to feel the pressure, that was a bad miss.

i think were going the distance

Postby Andre147

Afternoon all :-D

Walker 4-2 up, managed to catch the action when 2 all, will be interesting though to see if he won't feel like a bag of nerves when the winning line is near.

So far in this frame a few nerves, but natural I suppose.

Postby Andre147

Would be funny if Walker somehow reached the final and Ronnie too, the student against the Master because remember Walker won that competition run by Ronnie a few years ago to find out a new talent in the game.

Seems like Ronnie's work paid off. :-D :hatoff:
Last edited by Andre147 on 28 Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Apparently he did the same against Mags yesterday but Stephen let him off the hook. Doubt Ding would if it went to a decider.

yea walker has to win this ding wont give him gifts.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Apparently he did the same against Mags yesterday but Stephen let him off the hook. Doubt Ding would if it went to a decider.

Maybe he will rofl

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Maybe he will rofl

yea <laugh>