Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Which is why I said it. It did go into the pack because of Selby's shot but that was due to a double kiss which Mark had no control over.

ive always thought Carter is one of the most negative players on tour and he is escaping criticism.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:Stuart Bingham 2-2 Joe Perry

Stuart was behind in most of his matches so far, wasn't he? But he always seems to find a way of leveling the score.

Not really that far behind. He was 1-0 behind against Un-Nooh, and only 2-1 behind to Holt at worst. This match is the worse off he's been.

It's hard to be too far behind in a best of 7, only 3-1 or 3-0 is really that bad in this format.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:Stuart Bingham 2-2 Joe Perry

Stuart was behind in most of his matches so far, wasn't he? But he always seems to find a way of leveling the score.

Not really that far behind. He was 1-0 behind against Un-Nooh, and only 2-1 behind to Holt at worst. This match is the worse off he's been.

It's hard to be too far behind in a best of 7, only 3-1 or 3-0 is really that bad in this format.

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Both players not playing well. However Selby is always going to win these type of matches.

another 3 no show and hes champion :happy:

Postby Andre147

Watched the Selby v Carter match and although the standard wasn't high, Selby so far in this tournament has been making the most off his chances and although he's often not winning frames in one visit he then puts his opponent in loads of trouble and his safety has been pretty good too.

I feel he'll get more dangerous as the tournament goes on and he'll be hard to beat this week.

I think maybe only Ding or Ronnie will stop him from winning this title.

Postby hendry_fan

Stephen Maguire v Joel Walker

Scott Donaldson v Ding Junhui

Judd Trump v John Higgins

Wow,3 Scots still in it.I used to quite like Ding but since he,s got a chance to equal Hendrys record of winnin 5 titles in a season,i obviously want the shrimp to lose. :-D

Would be crackin :cracker: if auld John could beat Trump today,it,s high time that he pulled out some wizardy again.

Walker has had a brilliant run by his standards but i,m sure Maguire will end it.

Postby Andre147

hendry-fan forgot to ask you something the other day, this hasn't much to do with this topic but wanted to ask you:

Were you always a Hendry fan when he started dominating the game at the beggining of the 90s? I ask this because sometimes fans of legends of the game were not always fans of them because I know for instance a lot weren't fans of Steve Davis when he was dominating the game, there is sometimes that feeling that if a player starts dominating the sport like Davis or Hendry did in some fans "view" it becomes dull and boring and they want to see more variety. Only when their past their peak do some fans realise the greatness of the things they achieve, so having said all this were you always a Hendry fan or a bit later in his career?
Last edited by Andre147 on 27 Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:hendry-fan forgot to ask you something the other day, this hasn't much to do with this topic but wanted to ask you:

Were you always a Hendry fan when he started dominating the game at the beggining of the 90s? I ask this because sometimes fans of legends of the game were not always fans of them because I know for instance a lot weren't fans of Steve Davis when he was dominating the game, there is sometimes that feeling that if a player starts dominating the sport like Davis or Hendry did in some fans "view" it becomes dull and boring and they want to see more variety. Only when their past their peak do some fans realise the greatness of the things they achieve, so having said all this were you always a Hendry fan or a bit later in his career?

i know that question wasent for me but in early 90s i was a Jimmy White fan and wanted him to win the 1990 and 1992 final against Hendry but the way Hendry came back in 1992 to beat Jimmy that's when i became a Stephen Hendry fan.

he was a awesome player.