Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:I rate Ding stronger than Robertson but we'll see. Atm the Welsh Open is the one which counts.

My reasons are:

1) Robertson is a former champion
2) Neil has a better record at the Crucible
3) Ding struggled this season in the UK and Masters
4) Ding only reach one world semi final in his career

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I rate Ding stronger than Robertson but we'll see. Atm the Welsh Open is the one which counts.

My reasons are:

1) Robertson is a former champion
2) Neil has a better record at the Crucible
3) Ding struggled this season in the UK and Masters
4) Ding only reach one world semi final in his career

You're right with these 4 points but at the end it's only a stat. And I'm sure number 4 is gonna change as quickly as possible in the future. And basicially number 1,2,3 is not gonna change anything. If Ding manages it to play the level he's produced this season he has all chances in this world to win the tourney.
But of course, it's about the "if". If Ding does play the standard.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ayrshirebhoy, how do you see Higgins vs Ronnie going?

SO, ronnie will be the favourite for sure but i think johns gonna steal it and continue his winning streak against ronnie.

Postby Skullman

Tomorrow's schedule up.

MJW/Fu v Liang/Hakwins and Perry v Selby are the evening matches, so if MJW wins Selby'll be on the non-TV table. If not, it'll probably be Fu v whoever.

Postby Muppet147

Not sure if Ronnie can beat HIggins in this tournament but I make him a big favourite to retain his world championship title.

There is little or no opposition. Robertson has shown he is very brittle and the others - apart from Ding - are lightweights.

Postby rocketronnie147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Started off well in the first two with a 120+ and a 86, and played reasonably solid in the last two from what I saw in live scores.

The guy is really ready to win the World Championship. Next to Ronnie O'Sullivan the main favourite for the title.

I disagree. I rate Robertson chances a lot higher than Ding's but he is no. 3 in my book.

Wherever you guys rank Ding and Robertson, they are way behind Ronnie, IMO, in terms of chances to win the WC....I'm really hoping on a 3-peat, because then he'll realize that Hendry's record is not as far off as he thought!

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:If Higgins starts well , Then he may have a chance.
If he dont, Ronnie will win.

Even if things go close Higgins isn't able to close out matches like he used to prior 2012 and needs lots of chances to do so, I too fancy Ronnie to win, just hope it's a good match, it will certainly be because those 2 always deliver when they face each other and bring the best out of them.

In the past 9 or 10 years amazingly Ronnie has only beaten Higgins in a ranker once at the 2009 Shanghai semi so I hope he puts this right tomorrow and wins.

Postby Andre147

But for now what matters is our next match on TV:

Williams v Fu :-D

I think Fu will win this match though, Williams barely beat Robbo and despite what some say hasn't played that well all tourney, ok made some good clearances but nowhere near his best form.

As I said think Fu will prove too much for him, but dont get me wrong I hope Wiliams wins.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

"And as well as hyping up the clash world No10 Higgins also reckoned he might be partly to blame for O’Sullivan’s inspired form in the past two years.He said: “I know the likes of Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui are winning titles but I still think this is the biggest game in snooker.“These occasions are why you are still playing, it will be great and gives you a lift as a player. It’s been a while since he beat me in a ranking event, he will be out to put that right.“If I am being brutally honest I think I am the reason he is still playing like this. I think when he was behind me in the world title stakes, it didn’t sit right with him."

He says thanks to him ronnie won more world titles

Postby Skullman

Weird quarter this. I'd say Hawkins is favourite between him and Liang for their match, but Barry has an awful record against both MJW and Fu, while Liang's is decent.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Skull do you know which match won't be on TV tomorrow?

Perry v Selby and MJW/Fu v Liang/Hawkins are both playing in the evening session, so if MJW wins, it'll be Selby, otherwise I think Selby'll be on TV.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

masterdoctorgenius wrote:"And as well as hyping up the clash world No10 Higgins also reckoned he might be partly to blame for O’Sullivan’s inspired form in the past two years.He said: “I know the likes of Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui are winning titles but I still think this is the biggest game in snooker.“These occasions are why you are still playing, it will be great and gives you a lift as a player. It’s been a while since he beat me in a ranking event, he will be out to put that right.“If I am being brutally honest I think I am the reason he is still playing like this. I think when he was behind me in the world title stakes, it didn’t sit right with him."

id say that pretty much the way it is. :spot on:

Postby Skullman

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:"And as well as hyping up the clash world No10 Higgins also reckoned he might be partly to blame for O’Sullivan’s inspired form in the past two years.He said: “I know the likes of Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui are winning titles but I still think this is the biggest game in snooker.“These occasions are why you are still playing, it will be great and gives you a lift as a player. It’s been a while since he beat me in a ranking event, he will be out to put that right.“If I am being brutally honest I think I am the reason he is still playing like this. I think when he was behind me in the world title stakes, it didn’t sit right with him."

id say that pretty much the way it is. :spot on:

Now that Ronnie's ahead, let's see how John reacts. As much as I like John I'd rather he didn't win again, but I wouldn't complain if he did.