Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Skull do you know which match won't be on TV tomorrow?

Perry v Selby and MJW/Fu v Liang/Hawkins are both playing in the evening session, so if MJW wins, it'll be Selby, otherwise I think Selby'll be on TV.

So basically you'll be rooting for Fu to win, can't blame you though.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:But since Ding's match starts at 12 p.m how can Ronnie's match start at 1? Will only start 2 p.m at the earliest.

Sessions page on live scoring doesn't have the facility to say not before. It'll be roll on, roll off as it has been all tournament.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:1st frame to mjw
He will win this match from here.
Fu looking underconfident tonight.

Still far to early, Williams can drop his form at anytime, Fu will respond I think.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Does Thorne think all the top players are going to retire soon.

All I have heard is " That is the worst shot that he has played in his life ".

Has he had a premonition ?

Bring back Clive Everton I say.

Yeah, doesnt make silly commentary like that and isn't biased like they are.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Skull will be willing Fu wins this match so Selby is on TV, as I said earlier can't blame him though.

I was actually neutral until you pointed that out.

Anyway great clearance Marco, crush the Welsh has been! :D

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:"And as well as hyping up the clash world No10 Higgins also reckoned he might be partly to blame for O’Sullivan’s inspired form in the past two years.He said: “I know the likes of Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui are winning titles but I still think this is the biggest game in snooker.“These occasions are why you are still playing, it will be great and gives you a lift as a player. It’s been a while since he beat me in a ranking event, he will be out to put that right.“If I am being brutally honest I think I am the reason he is still playing like this. I think when he was behind me in the world title stakes, it didn’t sit right with him."

He says thanks to him ronnie won more world titles

To add one more sentence of Higgins: “He might not say it to people, but he wouldn’t have wanted me to be ahead of him. Maybe it is all my fault he has knuckled down.

And the Rocket is saying: “These are the kinds of matches people are interested in watching because of the way we play the game.

“Two players, it is like Chelsea playing Manchester City at the moment, it doesn’t get much bigger and it is good for the fans.”

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Good split. Think the class of '92 are still a class above most when it comes to pack splitting. Think only Ding and maybe Robbo match them.

Not only pack splitting. All departments. We won't see anything like the 92 generation again. And the time with the Golden four being at their peak + players like peak -Doherty,Ebdon,Hunter,Stevens was the best time of Snooker ever.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Good split. Think the class of '92 are still a class above most when it comes to pack splitting. Think only Ding and maybe Robbo match them.

Not only pack splitting. All departments. We won't see anything like the 92 generation again. And the time with the Golden four being at their peak + players like peak -Doherty,Ebdon,Hunter,Stevens was the best time of Snooker ever.

I'm talking about now in 2014, not the 1998-2003 period.