Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Lucky wrote:Don't think playing the right shot makes you resemble another player. Just a better one.

I may have said it to get a reaction from certain Ronnie fans :john:

Still, makes me think how it's okay when Ronnie does it, but not Selby.

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Thanks for the reply hendry-fan. <ok>

Your welcome Andre. :-)

How about you with Ronnie?.

Ronnie got me into snooker to be fair when I started watching in 2005, then of course I started liking other players and appreciating their games but Ronnie was the first that made me love this sport. I'm only 21 though so my real interest only started in 2005/2006.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:
Lucky wrote:Don't think playing the right shot makes you resemble another player. Just a better one.

I may have said it to get a reaction from certain Ronnie fans :john:

Still, makes me think how it's okay when Ronnie does it, but not Selby.

Turning down a very difficult shot that garantees no position is not playing negative. And its not something new for Ronnie. Ronnie has always been a great safety player when the time is right. He turns down one pot and you compare him to Selby ffs. Lol
Playing negative is turning down shots that a pro should take on, and try to make frames go scrappy. Like Selby does.
Now stop comparing Ronnie to Selby and just watch Ronnie play now, you might learn something about positional play, shot selection and break building.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:ROS a lot better at thin shot to nothings than straighter long reds :chin:

In straight long reds he tends to cue across them, a lot better in thin ones as you say.

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:Playing negative is turning down shots that a pro should take on, and try to make frames go scrappy. Like Selby does.

Selby's not that negative.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Playing negative is turning down shots that a pro should take on, and try to make frames go scrappy. Like Selby does.

A wrong view mostly Ronnie fans have about Selby, he can be at times negative but there are much more negative players than Selby, Carter a perfect example.

Postby Sickpotter

Skullman wrote:

Agreed....haters will be haters :roll:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Funny how Ricky did better against Ronnie when he was younger and less experienced.

And above all his only win in a Final of Shanghai masters as you say, very strange but there you go.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Thanks for the reply hendry-fan. <ok>

Your welcome Andre. :-)

How about you with Ronnie?.

Ronnie got me into snooker to be fair when I started watching in 2005, then of course I started liking other players and appreciating their games but Ronnie was the first that made me love this sport. I'm only 21 though so my real interest only started in 2005/2006.

Your one of the few Ronnie fans on this forum who actually appreciates many other players and often says it how it is,for a 21 year old your very mature,it has to be said,one can sense that in your posts. <ok>

I,ve also always had appreciation,admiration for many other players over the years,just because eg a certain player might not be my cup of tea,it does,nt mean to say that i don,t aprreciate,admire what they,ve done,what there doing.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Funny how Ricky did better against Ronnie when he was younger and less experienced.

And above all his only win in a Final of Shanghai masters as you say, very strange but there you go.

Yeah but he also took Ronnie to a decider in the UK, which is a lot closer than the matches he's played against Ronnie more recently.