Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:With regards to Ronnie winning this, I don't see it. ROS was in much better form in the Masters.

This seems more like the UK where he looked like a decent performance could beat him and it did in the UK.

But I do agree with what Skull said here, he hasn't been in the form he was at the Masters and this tournament may well be like his UK run no doubt.

I hope it isn't though. :-D

Ronnie played quite well today. He had a couple of loose safeties but he was clinical in amongst them, potted some great long balls and punished Xiao severely for his mistakes.

Also Robbo crashing out today improves his chances to reach the final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Walden next against Ronnie, I don't think Ronnie will whitewash him again and I expect a close match.

I can't see Walden beating Ronnie but I agree another whitewash is unlikely.

I think Ronnie's toughest test on route to the final will be Higgins/Trump in the quarters. If he wins that Ronnie he's a big favourite to take the title.

Postby Wildey

Jack Lisowski 2-1 Barry Hawkins
Mark King 0-2 John Higgins
Stephen Maguire 3-0 Andrew Pagett
Ben Woollaston 1-2 Ding Junhui

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Judd won't roll over this time (hopefully) and there's the chance that he could face his old foe Higgins.

Trump certainly didn't roll over in the Worlds semis :roll: Ronnie outplayed him.

Ronnie was average for the most part. Judd was bad for the most part.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:John Higgins leading Mark King. Quietly playing himself back to form?

We'll see. He could have just had poor opponents so far. I don't think he's had a 70 break yet this tournament.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Judd won't roll over this time (hopefully) and there's the chance that he could face his old foe Higgins.

Trump certainly didn't roll over in the Worlds semis :roll: Ronnie outplayed him.

Still that's not my definition of rolling over.

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

bull.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:bull.

You can't say Ronnie played that well.

He didn't you're right, but when needed he upped his game and Trump couldn't put pressure on Ronnie.

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:

bull

:roll: Why is that Ronnie fans have a hard time admitting that their favourite doesn't produce brilliance every match and sometimes puts in a workman-like performance?

It's just an observation, not criticising him.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:And Mags is followed by Higgins who finishes Mark King off 4-0 with a century. If he's in form, it should be a good match against Judd.

Yeah, he always seems to play well against Trump and Trump himself for some reason doesn't feel that confortable when he plays him.

Should be a good match, I don't think we can yet say Higgins is back in form but a win against Trump will prove that.

I honestly hope both Higgins and Ronnie win their matches so that we have a mouthwatering clash between them, both havent played each other for a while and Ronnie needs a ranking win over John.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:And Mags is followed by Higgins who finishes Mark King off 4-0 with a century. If he's in form, it should be a good match against Judd.

Yeah, he always seems to play well against Trump and Trump himself for some reason doesn't feel that confortable when he plays him.

Should be a good match, I don't think we can yet say Higgins is back in form but a win against Trump will prove that.

I honestly hope both Higgins and Ronnie win their matches so that we have a mouthwatering clash between them, both havent played each other for a while and Ronnie needs a ranking win over John.

Ronnie doesn't need a win over John Higgins. He is a five times world champion. A win over Higgins won't legitimise that any further.

That said, I hope they do meet, and Ronnie absolutely thrashes him.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Ronnie doesn't need a win over John Higgins. He is a five times world champion. A win over Higgins won't legitimise that any further.

That said, I hope they do meet, and Ronnie absolutely thrashes him.

I'm not questioning Ronnie's status in the game, far from that, but just saying he has only had a ranking win over Higgins since 2003 or 2004 and that came at the 2009 Shanghai Masters semi, so I want them to both meet in the quarters and Ronnie beats him.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Hawkins reels off two quick frames to force a decider.

Good match that seems to be, hopefully the Hawk will complete the comeback.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:

:no: Boo.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:bull.

yes he can mate.

his standards is extremely low <ok>

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

:no: Boo.

Boo rofl for you maybe, but I like Hawkins way more and Lisoswki, well I don't like him or dislike him, but here I definately prefer Hawkins.

Postby Andre147

I actually think Higgins will beat Trump, always plays well against him and this may turn out to be a good tournament for him.

Hopefully he doesn't get past the quarters though. :-D if he meets Ronnie that is.