Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby rocketronnie147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
rocketronnie147 wrote:man, this guy is not human sometimes....

but he proved it that he is after missing that red

I said "sometimes"...plus, the red was a calculated risk. It worked out well.

Postby Dan-cat

rocketronnie147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Interesting. This is the same table Williams and Robbo had numerous kicks but in this match I haven't seen any so far...

are kicks always random? or can it happen due to bad cuing, hitting down on the cue ball, etc.

Just wondering.

Lots of factors. Ronnie does seem to get a lot less than others players which some say is attributed to his cueing. The way he gets through the cue ball. Or rather he gets kicks but they don't affect his position as much. I remember at last year at the crucible semis Judd had something like 12 kicks to Ronnie's zero.

Postby Skullman

Dan-cat wrote:Lots of factors. Ronnie does seem to get a lot less than others players which some say is attributed to his cueing. The way he gets through the cue ball. Or rather he gets kicks but they don't affect his position as much. I remember at last year at the crucible semis Judd had something like 12 kicks to Ronnie's zero.

Ronnie gets them but he doesn't dramatically wave his arms in the air when he gets them. Also he doesn't ask for the cue ball to be cleaned afterwards.

Postby Skullman

With regards to Ronnie winning this, I don't see it. ROS was in much better form in the Masters.

This seems more like the UK where he looked like a decent performance could beat him and it did in the UK.

Postby Dan-cat

Skullman wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Lots of factors. Ronnie does seem to get a lot less than others players which some say is attributed to his cueing. The way he gets through the cue ball. Or rather he gets kicks but they don't affect his position as much. I remember at last year at the crucible semis Judd had something like 12 kicks to Ronnie's zero.

Ronnie gets them but he doesn't dramatically wave his arms in the air when he gets them. Also he doesn't ask for the cue ball to be cleaned afterwards.

Good point. I don't think cleaning the white makes any difference (unless there's obviously a lump of chalk on the cue ball.) Did you read Smurph's theories? http://www.shaunmurphy.net/my-news.php?n=1&p=000113

Postby Skullman

4-1 ROS.

Have to say it's deserved, but a shame Xiao couldn't show what he do on the TV table. Still he seems to getting some decent wins now, so hopefully onwards and upwards from here.

Postby rocketronnie147

Skullman wrote:4-1 ROS.

Have to say it's deserved, but a shame Xiao couldn't show what he do on the TV table. Still he seems to getting some decent wins now, so hopefully onwards and upwards from here.

There's a certain level of pressure and intimidation that comes with facing Ronnie.....sometimes it can get to you, when you know that if you miss on any shot, the frame could very well be over. That red was a sitter if I've ever seen one.

Postby rocketronnie147

Dan-cat wrote:
rocketronnie147 wrote:what a screw shot that was! I think that was his best match so far in the tournament. Maybe he's rounding into form :).

I wonder what Ricky's thinking.

'Taxi!!!'

Is Ricky next? He got white washed the last time they faced.....so I think he'll be out for some revenge. Could be a great one.