Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128 and Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby hendry_fan

Peter Ebdon 0-4 Li Hang

I just read a summary of this match from our brand new Snooker Island poster "rocketronnie147",.......

,......viewtopic.php?f=486&t=5131

I did,nt even see 1 min of this match,but even so there were numerous odd bouts of play on Ebdons behalf,there,s no way that this was due to him match fixing,i mean come on,surely no one could be that stupid to risk doing it,especially after what happened to Stephen Lee and the amount of times "match fixing" was talked about during that period and after that incident happened. :chin:

Mark Allen 4-3 Sydney Wilson.

Talk bout havin a close shave,Allen was 3-0 behind but comes back to win 4-3,an absolute sickener for Wilson!.

Ken Doherty 4-0 James Cahill.

Uncle Hendry might not be pals with Ken anymore after this result!. ;-) <laugh>

John Higgins 4-0 Tony Drago

Higgins wastin no time sendin Tony packing. :-)

Postby Andre147

Although too I didn't watch that Ebdon match, I agree with hendry-fan.. surely no one would be that stupid to risk doing something like that, I can only think Ebdon was very poor because he sometimes tends to put in performances almost to club level you feel.

I might watch a bit of it now though to see how it went, it's already on youtube, russian commentary but who cares...

Postby SteveJJ

Wasn't there suspicions around Ebdons match with Liang Wenbo a few years back in the NI Trophy? Unaware of betting patterns didn't the ref report Ebdon for not trying his best to win the match? This was at a time when Ebdon was on the WPBSA board. The match wasn't televised so little evidence other than the referees drawings of odd shot choices.

Postby Andre147

SteveJJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:Plus the then current board had previous of trying to sweep things like that under the rug and hope no one noticed.

The authorities should really have taken action over this atrocity from Ebdons career

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob6i9VbfVXs

rofl No they shouldn't because he really can be a clown at times :lol: :lol:

Postby Andre147

Higgins v Doherty in the next round huh.. interesting match, and remember Doherty did beat here last year in their opening match best of 7 too, and the way both Doherty and Higgins are going atm wouldn't surprise me to see a similar result.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Higgins v Doherty in the next round huh.. interesting match, and remember Doherty did beat here last year in their opening match best of 7 too, and the way both Doherty and Higgins are going atm wouldn't surprise me to see a similar result.

Could be a good match. Both were in good form in their last 128 matches and their China Open qualifiers.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:3-0 Noppon.

Davis whitewash still on...

Yeah no way back for him now I feel.

Hasn't been playing well lately and I'm afraid he'll drop of the tour when the season finishes. A lot of that too has to do with his decision to go for that stupid jungle. rofl rofl :wave:

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Hasn't been playing well lately and I'm afraid he'll drop of the tour when the season finishes. A lot of that too has to do with his decision to go for that stupid jungle. rofl rofl :wave:

I wonder if he knew and this is his last season.

Postby hendry_fan

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

I wonder if he knew and this is his last season.

Aye,he might have decided to do a Hendry and call it a day,retireing totally out of the blue!. :roll: