Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128 and Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Smurph demolishes Davy Morris, who has been the best 'newcomer' (I know he's been on the tour before, pedants) this new season, along with Gary Wilson.

Before Gdynia, an opponent who could've easily send him packing.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Smurph demolishes Davy Morris, who has been the best 'newcomer' (I know he's been on the tour before, pedants) this new season, along with Gary Wilson.

Before Gdynia, an opponent who could've easily send him packing.

Yeah and how one simple tournament, this case a PTC win, can change things for you. He has been playing pretty well since the CL started for him, and that result in the PTC may lead to greater things like winning a ranker he hasn't won for donkey doo years, well 2011 more precise PTC Grand Finals and if you exclude that it's 6 years since he last won the UK Champs in 08.

A player of his quality should have won more rankers, know that can be said to other players too, but in his case it's really true.

Postby Andre147

And hadn't noticed Murphy made the highest break of the tourney so far there in frame 4, a 142 total clearance. :hatoff:

That may stand as the highest when the tourney finishes, but something tells me it won't.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Who knows, maybe his next ranking win will be the Welsh Open.

Random Question. Who here thinks Shaun Murphy will win the World Title again?

I doubt he will, give him more of a chance of winning another UK title or maybe completing the Triple Crown and winning the Masters.

Postby Skullman

Murphy's a good player but to win another World title he'd need two things to happen.

1. Play like he did in 2005
2. Have a good run of the ball

Postby edwards2000

Can't say one way or another whether he will, but his form is on the up and up. I think he will have a good run at this years WC. It isn't the PTC that has done this either, it's Murphy taking charge of his life, diet, and practice.

Postby Skullman

Yes and no. Obviously those factors helped him win in Poland, but I think the confidence from the PTC is what's enabling him to return to his old self.

Of course, it's important to see how he handles at the business end of bigger events like this one, as the Murphy of 2011-2013 Masters played well early on and then noticeably faltered at the semi final stage.

Postby Skullman

NB 1:30pm

Liu Chuang 4-2 Chen Zhe
Rory McLeod 4-1 Dylan Mitchell
Graeme Dott 4-0 Lee Page
Shaun Murphy 4-0 David Morris

NB 2:00pm

Ben Woollaston 1-0 Vinnie Calabrese
Stuart Bingham 4-0 Daniel Wells
Joe Perry 3-1 Allan Taylor Streaming
Mark Joyce v Craig Steadman

Postby Skullman

NB 2:00pm

Ben Woollaston 4-0 Vinnie Calabrese
Stuart Bingham 4-0 Daniel Wells
Joe Perry 4-3 Allan Taylor
Mark Joyce 0-1 Craig Steadman

In fairness to Joyce and Steadman, they have been affected by the matches before them taking a long time. That said, neither player are that swift.

Postby rocketronnie147

Skullman wrote:

Murphy's a good player but to win another World title he'd need two things to happen.

1. Play like he did in 2005
2. Have a good run of the ball

I'll add one more to that

3. Hope he doesn't run into the Rocket!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:And Robbo. And Selby.

I just used have a good run of the ball as a catch all for those three because with enough of it, anyone can get past anyone.

I can't see him winning another World Title. But a Masters title for instance to complete the Triple Crown, yeah I think he may achieve that like Robbo did this season.