Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128 and Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Friday 21st February

10:30am

Pankaj Advani v Joel Walker
Mark Davis v Alexander Ursenbache Streaming
Peter Lines V Ross Muir
Michael Holt v Stuart Carrington Streaming

NB 1:30pm

Liu Chuang v Chen Zhe
Rory McLeod v Dylan Mitchell
Graeme Dott v Lee Page Streaming
Shaun Murphy v David Morris Streaming

NB 2:00pm

Ben Woollaston v Vinnie Calabrese
Stuart Bingham v Daniel Wells Streaming
Joe Perry v Allan Taylor Streaming
Mark Joyce v Craig Steadman

NB 7:00pm

Alfie Burden v Ahmed Saif
Jimmy White v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Streaming
Neil Robertson v Lyu Haotian Streaming
Jamie Jones v Cao Xin Long

Postby Skullman

Thought I might well as post the last 64 draw as we know half of it know, have a look at the best matches there and add a bit of discussion

Stephen Maguire v Sam Baird**
Gerard Greene v Andrew Pagett
Tom Ford v James Wattana
TBD
Scott Donaldson v David Gilbert
Jimmy Robertson v Andrew Higginson
TBD
Jamie Cope v Ding Junhui
-------------------------------------------------------
TBD
TBD
Matthew Steven v Ian Burns
TBD
Mark Allen v Noppon Saengkham
Mike Dunn v Allister Carter
Dominic Dale v Dechawat Poomjaeng**
Dave Harold v Mark Selby
-------------------------------------------------------------
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
Martin Gould v Jack Lisowski**
TBD
--------------------------------------------------------------
TBD
TBD
TBD
Ken Doherty v John Higgins**
Ricky Walden v Matthew Selt
Anthony Hamilton v Li Hang
TBD
Barry Pinches v Ronnie O’Sullivan 

Marked out what I think the best ties are paper.

Plus Dom v Poomjaeng for entertainment value :-)

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Woolaston v Calabrese should have been on stream instead of Perry match but anyway.

Surprised (but relieved) that they didn't show Jones, as he's a local player. Jimmy v Thepchaiya wouldn't be long.

Plus Cao Xin Long is extremely tedious to watch.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:NB 7:00pm

Steve Davis 0-4 Noppon Saengkham
Mark Selby 4-0 Joe Swail
Martin Gould 4-0 Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon
Jack Lisowksi 4-0 Adam Duffy

Wow!,all this evenings matches ended up being WHITEWASHES!.

Finaly i can have an early night!. :zzz: :happy:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I don't think Cope will pose more of a threat than Gary Wilson, even though Cope's results seem to be picking up slightly.

Such a shame Cope had those health problems that prevented him from remaining at the top of his game.

During the 2008/2009 period he was wonderful, very good to watch when he was at his best.

Him and Ryan Day it's a shame both haven't won at least one ranking event in their careers.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:This time next week I'll be in Newport.

Great stuff SnookerFan!.

Don,t forget to put on your "Snooker Island" t-shirt,i hope you,ve got a XXXXL one,one that hides that BIG fat pot belly of yours!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

I agree with Skull's assessment of what the best last 64 matches are so far.

I'd quite like to see the Dale vs Poom match. As said, two characters at a time when people whinge endlessly that there aren't any. I'd prefer Dale to win as the tournament is in Wales, and Poomjaeng's cheering and clapping every time he misses a shot gets on my nerves at times.

I'd like to see Higgins vs Doherty. Always liked a bit of Ken-Do action, me. Okay both are past there best, but that might make the match close. Higgins should win though.

Gould vs Lisowski could be good. As could Ding vs Cope. I'd also point out Walden vs Selt as hard to call.

Selby vs Harold could take all week. <laugh> (Just kidding Sonny.)

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:That wasn't very nice

Don't worry about it. <laugh>

I think Hendry fan has jumped on the bandwagon a bit, because there's a few other posters who poke fun at me because of my weight. I think he means it in humour.

That's disgraceful. Just tell me the names of these rogues and I'll give them a good talking to...

Postby SnookerFan

Alexander Ursenbacher (born 26 April 1996) is a Swiss professional snooker player from Rheinfelden. He is only Switzerland's second professional snooker player after Darren Paris.

Ursenbacher started playing snooker in 2008. He has won a host of junior titles in his native Switzerland and has won the national championship twice, much thanks to his stays at Snooker Academies in Sheffield and Gloucester and individual training by former World Championship semi-finalist Ian McCulloch.

In 2013 he became professional by coming through Q School. After early defeat in Event 1, he played superbly throughout Event 2, losing just one frame in four matches and scoring a top break of 140. He beat nine-time Ladies World Champion Reanne Evans 4-1, then in the final round he saw off experienced former pro Paul Wykes 4-0.

Ursenbacher experienced a tough start to his debut season as a professional, losing his first 7 matches. His first win came in November at the minor-ranking Kay Suzanne Memorial Cup against former world champion Ken Doherty, and he was close to following it with another defeat of a world champion in the face of Peter Ebdon in the next round, ultimately losing 3-4.