Post a reply

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby Skullman

These won't get sold out ridiculously quickly will they? Might consider going depending on whether I pass my driving test before the tournament starts.

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:These won't get sold out ridiculously quickly will they? Might consider going depending on whether I pass my driving test before the tournament starts.


No.

Chance is they won't sell out at all. Last season I was at the semis, and they were saying there were tickets still available for the final the next day. So you should be alright waiting a while.

Newport is a bit of a dump, and not many people want to go. But if you don't mind the fact it's not the most glamarous city in the world, then you can see some decent snooker for a pretty decent price.

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby Allen79

There is a decent offer on the World Snooker website of 3 sessions for £21. The venue isn't the best though, I went a few years ago and what I remember it's part of a leisure centre complex, you queue up with all the people waiting to go into the swimming pool! Might be tempted to stay over and have a few beers somewhere?

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby SnookerFan

Allen79 wrote:There is a decent offer on the World Snooker website of 3 sessions for £21. The venue isn't the best though, I went a few years ago and what I remember it's part of a leisure centre complex, you queue up with all the people waiting to go into the swimming pool! Might be tempted to stay over and have a few beers somewhere?


Surely, that's part of the charm. :chuckle:

Personally, I love the Newport Centre.

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby PLtheRef

Allen79 wrote:There is a decent offer on the World Snooker website of 3 sessions for £21. The venue isn't the best though, I went a few years ago and what I remember it's part of a leisure centre complex, you queue up with all the people waiting to go into the swimming pool! Might be tempted to stay over and have a few beers somewhere?


Had that for York two years ago, recommend people to sign up for it.

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote::D

Who is going?

I got mine. :bowdown:


What days you going?

Im going up with my girlfriend over two days to watch some (she is desperate to meet Mark Selby) But i dont know what day he is playing!

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby Wildey

randam05 WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote::D

Who is going?

I got mine. :bowdown:


What days you going?

Im going up with my girlfriend over two days to watch some (she is desperate to meet Mark Selby) But i dont know what day he is playing!

The Draw and Order of play should come out this week when seeding positions will be determined after the German Masters.


As yet we don't really know if he will be playing in it with so many tournaments between now and the WC players might be giving some of them a miss.

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 WC wrote:
What days you going?

Im going up with my girlfriend over two days to watch some (she is desperate to meet Mark Selby) But i dont know what day he is playing!


Last three days. So I've got tickets to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :D

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby Cannonball

Great to see islanders going to this event. £100 for the last 3 days sounds a good deal, not that I have time to watch 3 days of snooker unfortunately :sad:

So if Selby is playing, I get to go for a swim instead? And islanders are dissing this as a shithole event? Surely the swim alone is a get out of jail card worth a fortune? And if we can persuade Selby to go for a swim instead.........

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby Cannonball

Maybe it's a good job Stephen Lee isn't attending this year then, he'd be making waves.................

Re: Tickets on sale for the Welsh Open

Postby SnookerFan

Trumpster wrote:Maybe it's a good job Stephen Lee isn't attending this year then, he'd be making waves.................


I see what you did there......