Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final Discussion

Postby roy142857

Andre147 PGC wrote:By the way, the draw for PTC Grand Finals should be released after the final PTC, APTC4 which starts and ends this week am I right?

Ronnie currently stands 2nd in the European Order of Merit and will probably be sedeed 2nd at the bottom of the draw.

You're right about the release of the draw, but they said in their letter to the players that it would be based on the COMBINED Order of Merit, on which Ronnie is 3rd (and will stay there as the players close to him aren't playing the final APTC either) - Mark Selby is 2nd with £37516 from the European and £5200 from the Asian.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm big, I'm bad and I'm back!

:mex:

Where you there for the 147 SF?

Yeah thought about asking him that the other day but forgot it for some reason.

I think he was indeed, but not sure....

Postby SnookerFan

Yes, I was. I've been quite lucky. It's the third one I've seen in tournament play.

Also I've seen two at Snooker Legends events. Which are nice to see, but don't have the same tension involved as there's no pressure.

After two reds and two blacks, I got a feeling Ronnie was going to get it. You know he'll always go for it if it's on, and he'd been playing well enough.

There was only one red that was difficult. Though the one that was difficult needed a very good shot to pot it. :hatoff:

I'm lucky that I can see I have seen multile 147s live. :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

I was there too :D

In fact after that tricky red with the left-handed deep screw between the pink and black, you can see my girlfriend and I in the crowd, both of us grinning inanely!

It was my birthday and I only decided to go that morning. I just woke up and knew that's what I wanted to do - go and watch the Ronnie/Ding show. So I called the box office assuming it would be sold out - but it wasn't, I got two all day tickets for £30, told them it was my birthday and they put us in really good seats. I cancelled the friends I'd invited over for lunch and jumped in the car. 2 hours 50 minuteslater and we arrived just as the MSI was coming to an end.

It was a pretty magical day all round really. We managed to find an incredible pub on trip advisor just outside Newport called The Bell Inn, where we consumed the fastest 3 course birthday dinner ever (we asked them to bring it all at once as we had to get back for the evning session - 33 minutes for homemade scotch egg, fillet steaks with triple cooked chips and pepper sauce, creme brulee with shortbread - yum) we got back to the Newport Centre with a minute to spare before the evening session.

Two sublime Ding centuries and then Ronnie's 147. I had a feeling about it after that first red. (ha! called it before you!)

You've seen 5! Well 3. what were the other two in competition? You are lucky man! You're like some kind of 147 good luck charm!

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie's gonna reach 30 or 31 at max I feel. Hendrys record will be safe for all times I think and to be fair, he deserved it. Dominated more than 10 years. And even if Ding reaches 5, it won't be the same because in peak Hendrys time there were far more less rankers.

Well, he's on 31 now and could make it 32 by the end of today. And he's clearly not done winning rankers yet, not by a long shot. I think Hendry's record is attainable. In fact I'd make Ronnie a 70/30 favourite to get it which would have seemed ludicrous even at the start of last season.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie's gonna reach 30 or 31 at max I feel. Hendrys record will be safe for all times I think and to be fair, he deserved it. Dominated more than 10 years. And even if Ding reaches 5, it won't be the same because in peak Hendrys time there were far more less rankers.

Well, he's on 31 now and could make it 32 by the end of today. And he's clearly not done winning rankers yet, not by a long shot. I think Hendry's record is attainable. In fact I'd make Ronnie a 70/30 favourite to get it which would have seemed ludicrous even at the start of last season.

Yep, I'm pretty sure Ronnie will beat the ranking titles record in time. And when he does, I don't see anyone ever breaking that record. John Higgins is close, but he'll never catch up with Ronnie I think.

Postby Andre147

Well in 2014 (the year of this thread) it seemed nearly impossibe Ronnie could ever reach Hendry's 36 rankers.

Now, and especially if he wins this one, I think it's very very possible he'll beat it.