Post a reply

Re: German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:Very well done Ding.thouroughly deserved to win. :clap:

He knows that Hendry holds the record,he,s fully aware of that.
Looks like i,m gonna have to be against Ding now. <laugh>

He can definately win another one this season, I would give him more of a chance at the World Open or PTC Grand Finals, but yeah it's an amazing achievment 4 rankers so far this season. :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow, what a season Ding is having! To win 4 ranking titles in less than 6 months is incredible.

And if you include the PTC Grands, it's been five within a year. If he manages to beat Ronnie in a big match and prove he's finally got over his mental block/run of losing results, he has to be favourite for Sheffield.

It's unlikely Ronnie will meet Ding before the Worlds...

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wouldn't it be fascinating if Ding, Ronnie, Robbo, Selby and Trump all could produce their best at the Crucible this year?

Wouldn't mind some of chasing pack hitting their peaks by April either. Add Allen, Mags and Higgins and we could have a classic. Then again, everyone seemed in good nick the last two years and flopped...

Postby Andre147

The turning after all proved to be the 7th frame when Judd was leading 4-2 and Ding was making many errors, Judd should have really pushed on. But when on a 39 break, potted the blue and surprisingly lost position and played safe. Had he not lost position there I'm certain he would have made it 5-2 and the story could have been so diferent.

Plus he also had another 2 chances to win that frame but missed 2 reds with the rest, the first was a simple one really, and after Ding made it 4-3 he never looked back. :D :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding is just so consistent this season, the only surprise is that he didn't really turn up for the UK and Masters.

Masters he said he didn't prepare enough for, UK, maybe tiredness? :shrug:

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Very well done Ding.thouroughly deserved to win. :clap:

He knows that Hendry holds the record,he,s fully aware of that.
Looks like i,m gonna have to be against Ding now. <laugh>

He can definately win another one this season, I would give him more of a chance at the World Open or PTC Grand Finals, but yeah it's an amazing achievment 4 rankers so far this season. :hatoff:

It,s of course easier said than done,we,ll just to have to wait n see. :-)

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding is just so consistent this season, the only surprise is that he didn't really turn up for the UK and Masters.

He seemed very tired there.

And at the CoC he led Ronnie 5-3 and back then I thought he would really have a big victory against Ronnie for some time and stop that mental block, but he lost 6-5 and maybe that affected his performance a bit at the UK, plus he said he hadn't prepared well for the Masters.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:It,s of course easier said than done,we,ll just to have to wait n see. :-)

well if Ding does reach 5 rankers, you can at least take solace that Hendry's were consecutive.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wouldn't it be fascinating if Ding, Ronnie, Robbo, Selby and Trump all could produce their best at the Crucible this year?

Wouldn't mind some of chasing pack hitting their peaks by April either. Add Allen, Mags and Higgins and we could have a classic. Then again, everyone seemed in good nick the last two years and flopped...

Allen, Maguire and Higgins are currently in no condition to beat one of the top 4 guys in a big match.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:It,s of course easier said than done,we,ll just to have to wait n see. :-)

well if Ding does reach 5 rankers, you can at least take solace that Hendry's were consecutive.

5 rankers consecutively I won't say it's impossible to match but very very difficult. That is just an amazing achievment from him. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Allen, Maguire and Higgins are currently in no condition to beat one of the top 4 guys in a big match.

Bolded for emphasis. Plus I never said anything about them winning.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Bolded for emphasis. Plus I never said anything about them winning.

I just can't see that happening. At least not in the next couple of months. Maguire needs to sort out his rage issues, Allen has to work on his fitness and Higgins looks like he's past best.

I think it's more likely Selby will join the winners list before the Worlds, he's the only one of the top 4 who hasn't won a big title yet this season.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

Hendry did win 5 Rankers including the UK But also he won the Masters, Scottish Masters and the Matchroom League that Season BUT he did not win the World Championship.

Ding over to you <ok>

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Hendry did win 5 Rankers including the UK But also he won the Masters, Scottish Masters and the Matchroom League that Season BUT he did not win the World Championship.

Ding over to you <ok>

So you also believe in patterns like Skull? :chin: <laugh>

But what you're saying may actually become true.

Postby Andre147

Also to note from the 12 ranking Finals Ding has reached, he has only lost 2, one to Robbo at the Grand Prix in 2009 and another to Williams at the China Open 2010, so this too is pretty good record to have in Finals. :hatoff: Plus he has won his last 6 ranking Finals, including this one.

Postby GJ

Ding :hatoff:

Him along with Ronnie and Robbo are the 3 big contenders for crucible

Postby Wildey

Ding has already won 4 Ranking events this season out of 7 played and were just Beginning February and there's 5 More Ranking events up for grabs.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:Ding :hatoff:

Him along with Ronnie and Robbo are the 3 big contenders for crucible

No, no. As I think I have explained to you already, Robbo will either lose in the first round AGAIN or be thrashed within an inch of his life by O'Sullivan.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Well done Ding !!!!

I do hope this post is not too poetic
For some of the posters on here.
Lol!!!!

I would be so angst ridden if it was .

It always sounds and looks like a poem rofl

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Ding!

Taking nothing away from Ding's efforts here, but I have to point out that this season Ding has only demonstrated he's good at winning minor events, he didn't play well in the two majors. The trouble is that at the end of your career the best players should be judged primarily on how well they did in the majors, and the "all time greats" are the multiple world champions. You can't just create loads of extra tournaments a season and then expect them to have the status they all had previously! If Ding wins 37 ranking events in his career then what does that mean? It means that World snooker have created loads of extra ways to win ranking events, that's all.

These ranking wins/centuries made type records are not really being broken by great play they are being broken by format change. It is simple maths. If there are three times the number of ranking events then rather than win one or two a season, you'll end up winning three or four. If you play six times as many frames a season, you'll end up with six times as many centuries.

Postby edwards2000

I give a lot of credit to players winning the proper ranking events (not these PTCs), but yeah, at the end a career, it's the Masters, UK, and especially World Championship, where you are judged. Those are the ones that matter most. Like the slams in tennis. Other wins matter, of course. It all adds up. But the Majors are worth so much more on a CV :hatoff:

This is where players currently stand:

http://goo.gl/ArIYR0

Ding is 21st on the Major list and 13th on the Ranking (non major tallied only) list.

edit. A few mistakes there. Corrected. I am not sure if it is totally accurate. It's very hard to keep things like this free from mistakes.
Last edited by edwards2000 on 03 Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Cueist

To Andre 147 , Here is some poetry of love for you
Being as you are such a clever poster that can tell the diffence.

I.E. Me disguising posts as poetry , How the devil did u
Suss me out. ( rofl ) LMFAO and crying.

All the 4 years I have posted on forums and you only go and suss out that I am posting poetry and not knowledge I have gained since watching snooker since I was ten, Playing since I was 13 and am a very good pkayer at the game and I love to watch the great Ronnie O display his art.

Well done mate , I can see why you are the " Prediction
Grand Master " and general top , Top , Top poster.

I hear the snooker forum is headhunting you as they feel their site is missing out.

The way you have sussed me out, As being nothing but a poet , Instead of a lover of snooker and its greats,
That is why they will be hunting such a great one as you.

Watching the Superbowl on 4 ,
Better than being a bore.
I wish Andre147PGC was here
Nothing could fill the air with more

Alas he is not here at 02.24
What will ido, My heart ores.

As promised , The poetry of love .

From The Cueist PL.

By the way as you have thoroughlly sussed
Me out and me just posting poetry ,
The PL stands for Poet Laureate.

All thy love to thee . Rofl , LMFAO.

Postby Andre147

TheCueist all that trouble just for me :pal:

I mean...you do actually realise I was only joking and not at one moment questioning your knowledge of snooker as you're older enough to be my father :lol: I guess you didn't get the joke at all then...

But nice poetry in that last post though :clap:

Postby The Cueist

Andre I knew you were just winding me up,
I thrive on it on here and in life.

I am a tough old cookie with a wry sarcastic take
On life , I take this to the limit.

Oh it was no trouble, Took me 5 mins to post
That.

It is all tongue in cheek mate.

People who know
me well genuinely tell me
I shoild be on stage performing comedy.

My humour is off the cuff, I live my life on the hoof.
Nothing I do is ever planned.
It is natural and genuine.
Because that is me.

Glad you enjoyed the poetry.
I should be on stage as I am a naturally funny
Guy.

Postby TheRocket

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match yesterday due to some work for my study.
Therefore I just wanna congratulate Ding for another brillant tournament. He's had another brillant season and is a top contender for the WC now.