Post a reply

Re: German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:People seem to have turned against Trump. It weren't long ago he was seen as the new people's champion by some.

I don't about others, but I actually liked Judd up until the 2012 Masters, where started acting like a bit of a idiot and it got worse over time. Also, I personally don't find Judd's game that good to watch since he started toning it down and adding more safety. It probably makes him a more complete player, but worse as a spectacle.

Postby Gnomy

hendry_fan wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:A while.

Too long, some may say.

Actually just realised it was only last October, Ding v Adi in the Indian Open final.

I keep forgetting about that tournament. rofl

It was a huge moment for me as an Indian :D
And Mehta played with a sublime touch :)

You also predicted that Ding would win,it,s still not over yet,but he surely can,t comeback now. :-)

Yeah me!
I did :)
An off topic question, how long have you guys been playing snooker?

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:People seem to have turned against Trump. It weren't long ago he was seen as the new people's champion by some.

Im no fan but he still has a big fanbase judging by his twitter feed and support on there

Postby Andre147

Dind't expect things to be one sided in this match, stil not over and I'd still like Judd to win a few more frames to make the score a bit more respectful but it has to be said since 4-3 Ding has been on another level, just this last frame he broke down a bit and Judd had a chance to win it, but still couldn't.

Postby Andre147

And this will be Ding's 4th ranking title of the season (no way he'll lose this match now)

Even the greats like Ronnie, Higgins and Williams never managed to win 4 rankers in a season, so hats off to Ding :hatoff: Only Hendry, who else really, had 5 rankers in sucession no less in 1990/1991.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Neil Robertson's Polish hat-trick. :zzz:

hope not the worlds is the last target for the season

no tin pot marmite

Postby hendry_fan

Gnomy wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Too long, some may say.

Actually just realised it was only last October, Ding v Adi in the Indian Open final.

An off topic question, how long have you guys been playing snooker?

I started playing and watching snooker since 1985.
I,m exactly 20 days older than Hendry. :-)

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:

no tin pot marmite

Well there's no harm in him winning it.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

no tin pot marmite

Well there's no harm in him winning it.

theres not I suppose :-)

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Unlucky split for Judd there.

Balls on a plate for Ding.

Yeah, they eat some weird stuff in China.

They normally eat stuff from bowls in China, if my local Chinese is any indication.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Unlucky split for Judd there.

Balls on a plate for Ding.

Correct me if i,m wrong,but i actually can,t recall Trump getting even 1 fluke in this final so far.

Yep,balls were on a plate but Ding ballsed it up. :roll:

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 PGC wrote:And this will be Ding's 4th ranking title of the season (no way he'll lose this match now)

Even the greats like Ronnie, Higgins and Williams never managed to win 4 rankers in a season, so hats off to Ding :hatoff: Only Hendry, who else really, had 5 rankers in sucession no less in 1990/1991.

I tend to think the only reason that neither one of the triumvirate Ronnie, Higgins and Williams didn't do it was because there were far fewer ranking tournaments a season then. These players were busy concentrating on the important things like winning multiple World Championships and winning the bigger events like Masters and UK. In Williams case winning all three of the big ones in one season. Ding hasn't been good enough to get into the final of the World Championship yet, maybe never will.

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:And this will be Ding's 4th ranking title of the season (no way he'll lose this match now)

I tend to think the only reason that neither one of the triumvirate Ronnie, Higgins and Williams didn't do it was because there were far fewer ranking tournaments a season then. These players were busy concentrating on the important things like winning multiple World Championships and winning the bigger events like Masters and UK. In Williams case winning all three of the big ones in one season. Ding hasn't been good enough to get into the final of the World Championship yet, maybe never will.

Davis managed it and it's not like he had as many ranking events as even Hendry and the class of '92.