Topic locked

Re: German Masters Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:2-2

Only managed to get the end of that last frame before the MSI.

How have both been playing? From comments seems like Ding has been missing a few but nicked an important frame.
Last edited by Andre147 on 01 Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:

How have both been playing? From comments seems like Ding has been missing a few but nicked an important frame.

First two frames were fluent, Ding making a 97 break in the first and Day a 67 in the second. Next two frames were more scrappy with Day being in control for the majority of the third but eventually leaving the green so Ding could clear. Day was in control for a lot of the fourth as well and got through after Ding let him off after Day missed a straight pink.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:

That's pretty much it. The frame ding won was a long un. He shouldnt have won. Day took the 4th.

I still make Ding favorite.

Postby Andre147

I do think their match at the 2012 Worlds when Day won 10-9 against Ding will give Day confidence in this match especially if it goes close, and the way it's going wouldn't surprise me if Day made a bit of an upset here.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Think Day went for the pot there.

Yesterday didn't you say you wouldn't be around for the afternoon session or something like that?

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Think Day went for the pot there.

Yesterday didn't you say you wouldn't be around for the afternoon session or something like that?

Just waiting for the train. Won't be back until after the first session of the final.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Reckon this match will be over by 5pm? I want to watch the rugby.

It will be a supreme effort for you to waddle over to the coffee table and pick up the remote control. While you are doing this, I fully expect you to line your stomach with more tortilla chips.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Though he has leveled again.

That was a tremendous break SF, best stuff of the match so far.

Just look at the position of the balls when he started that break, top stuff. :hatoff:

I now expect this match to be really close, 6-4 or 6-5 either way, favour Ding obviously.

Postby simplysnooker

SnookerFan wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Glad this match is close, expecting Trump to win 6-0 tonight if I'm honest.

I'm trying to decide whether to watch Judd or watch the boxing, if I'm honest.

Any good fights?