Topic locked

German Masters Quarter Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 29th of January - Sunday 2nd of February at the Tempodrom, Berlin in Germany

The Quarter Finals gets underway with clearly the two favorites are Ding Juhui and Judd Trump.

Ding Junhui if he wins becomes the 7th player to get to 10 or more ranking tournament wins and equals Jimmy White's Haul.

Who can stop him achieving that feat?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Xiao Guodong v Ryan Day only previous match was in the shootout Xiao won
Ding Junhui v Joe Perry Ding Junhui leads 9-3
-------------------------------------------------------------
Rod Lawler v Mark Davis Davis leads 3-1
Judd Trump v Michael Holt Holt leads 3-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: German Masters Quarter Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Friday 31st of January

7pm

Xiao Guodong v Ryan Day
Ding Junhui v Joe Perry
Rod Lawler v Mark Davis
Judd Trump v Michael Holt

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Last time Rod was in a ranking quarter was 2003 Welsh.

Congratulations to Rod. <ok>

He,s not many,s cup of tea but one has to give him credit for still sticking in there and getting a result like this after being so many years on the circuit,he,s been a pro since 1990.

Postby Andre147

nickdan7 wrote:Final Normal Outcome Ding vs Judd.
Final Abnormal Outcome - Rod Vs Holt.

They can only meet in the semis, not Final.

The dream Final everybody wants between Perry and Lawler is on :D

Postby Andre147

But seriously if Ding doesn't win the event then I'd like Day or Xiao to win it, probably favour Day a tad having previously reached 3 ranking finals ages ago and done almost nothing since then.

Postby Andre147

Perry's frame 6 scores in winning that frame and therefore the match were:

Score: 12-0

Joe Perry F4 F4 F4
Kurt Maflin

rofl :wave: rofl

There have been some frames down the years lost because of the 3 times miss when the object ball is on, but for that to happen at the start of a frame rofl

Poor Maflin... but what was he thinking playing the same shot over and over again with 15 reds on the table? I guess we'll never know having not watched the match.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
nickdan7 wrote:Final Normal Outcome Ding vs Judd.
Final Abnormal Outcome - Rod Vs Holt.

They can only meet in the semis, not Final.

The dream Final everybody wants between Perry and Lawler is on :D

Now that all my fav players have been sent packing,for the first time ever since i,ve been watching snooker,i am gonna be rooting for "Rod the Plod". :-D

Come on Rod,time to get your hands on silverware + a BIG fat cheque + some Big,fat juicy ranking points. :D

Postby SlowJoe

My dream Final would be Day (bet at 66/1) v Davis (bet at 50/1). Both could make the semis but would than probably have to beat Ding and Trump! come on the oldies!

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 PGC wrote:Perry's frame 6 scores in winning that frame and therefore the match were:

Score: 12-0

Joe Perry F4 F4 F4
Kurt Maflin

rofl :wave: rofl

There have been some frames down the years lost because of the 3 times miss when the object ball is on, but for that to happen at the start of a frame rofl

Poor Maflin... but what was he thinking playing the same shot over and over again with 15 reds on the table? I guess we'll never know having not watched the match.

WTF seriously!!? Video or it didn't happen!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:It was an outside table...

Also I mentioned that, when it happened, on the old thread :no:

I decided to mention it again :pal:

But wasn't Sonny at the arena or something? Did he actually managed to watch it?

Nevertheless, that never happened at the start of a frame, and with 15 reds on the table playing the same shot over and over again (2 cushion escape maybe....) is very strange :chin:

Postby PLtheRef

12-0 scores aren't that uncommon for a 3 miss rule. Dominic Dale against Paul Wykes in a World Championship qualifier. Wasn't it the same for Poomjaeng against White in April, wasn't that a 12-0

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:12-0 scores aren't that uncommon for a 3 miss rule. Dominic Dale against Paul Wykes in a World Championship qualifier. Wasn't it the same for Poomjaeng against White in April, wasn't that a 12-0

Yeah actually checked both matches on CueTracker and you're absolutely right :spot on: That Worlds qualifier was in 2002, Last 48.

Still strange though, but yeah every once in a while it happens.

Postby Blavdes

The more I watch this tournament the more I dislike it. They just showed a shot of the whole arena and it looks like there's big banks of people overlooking empty tables, not to mention the main table is miles away. Should really be two TV tables at this QF stage.