Topic locked

Re: German Masters Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:If Ronnie was in this he would win it easily. Poor standard so far.

he isnt though he bottled it.

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:With the players left this has a ptc feel to it ....

Robbo was right with the last part of his statement anyway. This tournament indeed doesn't appear like a ranking tournament until the One Table situation. The first rounds are just going away quickly without any feature.

And with the players left it even makes it worse now, even the One Table situation. The matches are boring so far and the crowd also don't create the atmosphere of the last years so far.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:He obviously didn't want to win. Played like a drunk madman. Everybody knows he could have won that match.

And if Selby and Robbo played better they could've won theirs :roll:

Difference is they were trying to win. You can't honestly believe Ronnie was trying to win that match, it was a joke...

But whatever, lets focus on this match. Go on Matthew!

Postby Skullman

Could can tell there's a massive crowd, it's just that their attention been split between matches so far. It's effectively one table right now, so it might be better for these last few minutes.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:If Ronnie was in this he would win it easily. Poor standard so far.

What a joke. He did his best to lose it, and still almost won. Obviously didn't want to win for whatever reason.You wont see him play like that in a match he wants to win.

Postby Skullman

And Murphy wins 5-4.

Not the biggest surprise ever, considering Stevens's track record, especially after he didn't take all the chances Murphy left him to close it out 5-2.

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:Could can tell there's a massive crowd, it's just that their attention been split between matches so far. It's effectively one table right now, so it might be better for these last few minutes.

Having seven tables on the floor at once looks ridiculous. Similar to a club hall.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:All over now for Matthew. Too bad, would be great to see him find his form again...

Matthew wasn't bad in this match, he made a break of 92 and 70 or like that. Unfortunately his usual weakness in closing the matches got him once again.

Postby hendry_fan

DEEEEAAAAARRRRRY ME!!!!,Stevens does it again!.

He has to be regarded as the greatest ever bottler the games ever seen!,truly incredible how many times he,s blown it!,shame in a way,as he,s a nice lad. :dizzy:

I can,t stop shakin my head in disbelief. :sad:

Postby Wildey

Thursday 30th of January

7pm

Dominic Dale 5-3 John Higgins
Anthony McGill 0-5 Joe Perry
Kurt Maflin 5-3 Mark Selby
Mark Davis 5-1 Graeme Dott
Liang Wenbo 5-3 Stephen Maguire
Judd Trump 5-0 Mark King
Matthew Stevens 4-5 Shaun Murphy
Gary Wilson 2-5 Michael Holt

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

What a joke. He did his best to lose it, and still almost won. Obviously didn't want to win for whatever reason.You wont see him play like that in a match he wants to win.

Leave it. Ronnie lost in the qualifiers, all what needed to be said was said at the time.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Leave it. Ronnie lost in the qualifiers, all what needed to be said was said at the time.

Absolutely SO, I mean.... ha whatever, no point going on with this BS talk. pmsl

Postby Andre147

And GJ is right, really can't remember the last time in one day only so many tops seeds crashing out.

Anyway, I now hope Ding wins the tournament, a Final between him and Trump would be an absolute cracker of a match.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:We could have a real shock winner here this year. Honestly I would like to see that happen.

Who would you like then to win?

For me, either Maflin or Day I'd be really happy.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:And GJ is right, really can't remember the last time in one day only so many tops seeds crashing out.

Anyway, I now hope Ding wins the tournament, a Final between him and Trump would be an absolute cracker of a match.

Burnett - Lawler would also be cracker, wouldn't it? :-)

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:And GJ is right, really can't remember the last time in one day only so many tops seeds crashing out.

Sure pmsl

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I think it would be an anti-climax after the classic Rod and Snowy produced today.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:We could have a real shock winner here this year. Honestly I would like to see that happen.

Who would you like then to win?

For me, either Maflin or Day I'd be really happy.

Maflin, Xiao, Dale, Wenbo, McManus

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Still the ways things have gone, it could end up being something like Anthony Hamilton v Alan McManus in the final.

Hamilton is a legend, the guy has made 218 century breaks.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Still the ways things have gone, it could end up being something like Anthony Hamilton v Alan McManus in the final.

Hamilton is a legend, the guy has 218 century breaks.

Odd way to decide who's a legend.

Anyway, I'm saying anything Angles or Hamilton, but let's face it, it'd be unexpected for either of them to reach the final, wouldn't it?