Topic locked

Re: German Masters Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Robbo blaming the table conditions:

He said: “The table conditions just aren’t good enough away from the main table, I am going to have to think about whether I enter again in the future if that’s like this.

“I lost two frames directly from a kick that I got. The main arena table always plays well but the outside ones don’t, it’s a common occurrence here.

“And that is a shame because it is a brilliant event and arena in many ways, and the crowd are fantastic.

“It is happening too much for it to be just us making excuses. The kicks happen every year here, it is who gets them at the wrong time but Tian also played very well today.

“It’s like a PTC at the start, the tournament for me doesn’t become a proper ranking event until the quarter or semi-finals.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... shock-exit

He makes some good points, however the conditions are the same for both players and if he can't cope with that... :wave: Fair play to Tian, played pretty solid from what the match scores suggest.

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Think who ever wants to win the WC has to beat ronnie along the way.

when his mind is on like at the masters then he is unstoppable.

think by the time of the uk he had to deal with off table stuff so coulndt really play his best. to be fair he struggled his way till the QF

BIG YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!!.

Give us break ffs!,almost every time Ronnie loses it,s cause he was,nt with it,had this problem,that problem,poor old Ronnie,he,s the only person in our BIG wide world who has problems and things to deal with off the table!!. :td:

Just accept that he does actually lose cause he was outplayed,played bad.

Absolutely, his loss at the UK Champs was simply due to him not being good enough and Bingo playing some excelent stuff, so simple as that.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Dechawat Poomjaeng 4-4 Xiao Guodong
Jamie Burnett 5-2 Joel Walker
Peter Lines 1-5 Anthony Hamilton
Ryan Day 5-4 Barry Hawkins
Ding Junhui 5-1 Mark Williams
Neil Robertson 1-5 Tian Pengfei
Rod Lawler 1-4 Paul S Davison
Alan McManus 5-2 Jack Lisowski

Well done Alan McManus!!,the auld fogey shows the young gun how it,s done!. :happy:

Very good comeback from Day,his form has been very questionable lately to say the least,so he,ll be very chuffed with this win.Hawkins certainly getting a "bottlers illness it seems!. :dizzy:

Postby GJ

if Robbo feels strongly that every year the outside tables are bad he should not enter it in future.

Its a low tariff event anyway

Postby GJ

Robbo has critiscised conditions after winning many times so its not sour grapes.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 30th of January

2pm

Dechawat Poomjaeng 4-5 Xiao Guodong
Jamie Burnett 5-2 Joel Walker
Peter Lines 1-5 Anthony Hamilton
Ryan Day 5-4 Barry Hawkins
Ding Junhui 5-1 Mark Williams
Neil Robertson 1-5 Tian Pengfei
Rod Lawler 2-4 Paul S Davison
Alan McManus 5-2 Jack Lisowski

7pm

Dominic Dale v John Higgins
Anthony McGill v Joe Perry
Kurt Maflin v Mark Selby
Mark Davis v Graeme Dott
Liang Wenbo v Stephen Maguire
Judd Trump v Mark King
Matthew Stevens v Shaun Murphy Eurosport
Gary Wilson v Michael Holt

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:Robbo blaming the table conditions:

He said: “The table conditions just aren’t good enough away from the main table, I am going to have to think about whether I enter again in the future if that’s like this.

“I lost two frames directly from a kick that I got. The main arena table always plays well but the outside ones don’t, it’s a common occurrence here.

“And that is a shame because it is a brilliant event and arena in many ways, and the crowd are fantastic.

“It is happening too much for it to be just us making excuses. The kicks happen every year here, it is who gets them at the wrong time but Tian also played very well today.

“It’s like a PTC at the start, the tournament for me doesn’t become a proper ranking event until the quarter or semi-finals.”

He makes some good points, however the conditions are the same for both players and if he can't cope with that... :wave: Fair play to Tian, played pretty solid from what the match scores suggest.

Table Conditions is the same for both players.

as World no 1 his ability to adjust should be higher than Tian Pengfei.

Postby Sickpotter

Wildey wrote:

Absolutely.

Gj, even if Robbo has criticized conditions after winning an event, doing it after having lost early in an event will always come across as sour grapes. Out of curiosity, what event did he win that he was criticizing playing conditions?

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

I said the same Wild rofl :wave:

Postby Andre147

I think Maflin has a good chance of beating Selby here. Is currently 2-1 down, I predicted a 5-4 win for Selby but wouldn't surprise me at all if he shocked him here given the results we've had so far. He's definately good enough a player to do that.

Postby GJ

Skull

When did I make that announcement ....

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Skull

When did I make that announcement ....

Could be mixing you up with someone else. I know someone said that were giving up on Stevens as he was a shadow of old self and I can't think of any other Stevens fans apart from you atm.

Sorry for the mix up.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Mavis flying into a 3-0 lead. Was expecting that to be much closer.

And Dale 3 nil up :-D :D

Not rooting for J Haggis Andre?!. :irk: :irk: :roll:

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Mavis flying into a 3-0 lead. Was expecting that to be much closer.

LOL, I want Dale to have a good run here since his Shoot Out victory.

Postby Andre147

Maflin levels at 2 all against Selby after being behind in that frame.

Could prove to be an important one, and as I said I somehow sense a Maflin upset here.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

LOL, I want Dale to have a good run here since his Shoot Out victory.

Ok,fair enough,for a moment i thought you were being unfaithful to John,as you,re usually a BIG fan of his!. ;-) :-D

Postby GJ

Skull

I can't deny Stevens is a frustrating player to support but I have supported him longer than robbo so won't give up on him.

Postby hendry_fan

COME ON JOHN!,get you,re act together you can,t let that Welsh pumpkin beat ya,ya Scottish dumpling!. :grrr: :-)