Topic locked

Re: German Masters Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Stuart Bingham 2-2 Peter Lines
Anthony Hamilton 2-2 Michael White
Ding Junhui 5-1 Mike Dunn
David Morris 1-4 Mark Williams
Tom Ford 2-4 Kurt Maflin
Jimmy Robertson 1-3 Mark Selby
Mark Davis 2-2 David Gilbert
Ben Woollaston 1-5 Graeme Dott

Great to see Dott coming back to form

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Ding first man through this afternoon. Looks like he'll be facing MJW next. Could be a good match if both are on it.

I can't even remember the last time Williams was on it :roll:

No harm in optimism is there? Any with only one in eight matches being shown, I doubt we'll get to see it. Maybe Sonny will depending on when he reaches Berlin.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Carter crashing out against Poomjang. He certainly isn't having a good season so far. Surprising, considering he was one of the top players last season.

He won one event and reached a semi. Top player is pushing it, isn't it?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Carter crashing out against Poomjang. He certainly isn't having a good season so far. Surprising, considering he was one of the top players last season.

You mentioned only a couple of weeks ago that you think Carter would be World Champion right now if had somehow beaten Ronnie in last years Worlds (which was a real possibility after Carter leveled the match in the second session)

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

You mentioned only a couple of weeks ago that you think Carter would be World Champion right now if had somehow beaten Ronnie in last years Worlds (which was a real possibility after Carter leveled the match in the second session)

Did I? I definitely think he played than Bingo and Judd did.

But anyway, thing is he didn't beat Ronnie, he's not World Champion and he's barely anything since winning here last year.

Postby Skullman

Selby beats Jimmy Robbo 5-1. Definitely got better as the match went on.

Has Kurt Maflin next. Wonder who Sonny'll support in that one :chin:

Postby hendry_fan

Selbs finishes off J Robertson with a 80 and a classy black. <ok>

All in all an ok performance from Selbs today,J Robertson played like an amateur.

Postby Wildey

Stuart Bingham 3-2 Peter Lines
Anthony Hamilton 3-2 Michael White
David Morris 1-5 Mark Williams
Tom Ford 2-5 Kurt Maflin
Jimmy Robertson 1-5 Mark Selby
Mark Davis 3-2 David Gilbert

Selby through 5-1 and a match tomorrow night against Kurt Maflin

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

But anyway, thing is he didn't beat Ronnie, he's not World Champion and he's barely anything since winning here last year.

Here you go.

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Although it sounds crazy, I think if Ronnie had lost to Carter in the second round, Barry Hawkins would be our World Champion now :shock:

I think it would've been Carter. He was playing the best in that half apart from Ronnie. Shame they had to meet in the last 16. Plus being able to finally beat Ronnie would've given him an immense boost.

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Here you go.

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Although it sounds crazy, I think if Ronnie had lost to Carter in the second round, Barry Hawkins would be our World Champion now :shock:

I think it would've been Carter. He was playing the best in that half apart from Ronnie. Shame they had to meet in the last 16. Plus being able to finally beat Ronnie would've given him an immense boost.

rofl Snooker Overdrives inspector columbo in disguise :study: <laugh>

Postby simplysnooker

Skullman wrote:Selby beats Jimmy Robbo 5-1. Definitely got better as the match went on.

Has Kurt Maflin next. Wonder who Sonny'll support in that one :chin:

Are you able to do a post without mentioning Sonny? :love:

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:

I wish to pull you up on an important snooker related point.

I think you'll find Columbo was Lieutenant. :grrr:

Postby Skullman

Anyway, Mike White 4-2 down to Anthony Hamilton.

White is the sort of player that should really be pushing on. It's one thing the younger generation losing to Ronnie but to players like 43 year old Hamilton who are far, far past their best?

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

I wish to pull you up on an important snooker related point.

I think you'll find Columbo was Lieutenant. :grrr:

Nice try in trying to change the subject,(you did,nt budge to the kebabs + beer post),but thanx anyway for the info!. ;-) :-D

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of January

2pm

Stuart Bingham 3-5 Peter Lines
Anthony Hamilton 5-2 Michael White
Ding Junhui 5-1 Mike Dunn
David Morris 1-5 Mark Williams
Tom Ford 2-5 Kurt Maflin
Jimmy Robertson 1-5 Mark Selby
Mark Davis 5-3 David Gilbert
Ben Woollaston 1-5 Graeme Dott

7pm

Dominic Dale v Steve Davis
Gerard Greene v John Higgins
Mark Allen v Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel v Joe Perry
Neil Robertson v Liu Chuang Eurosport 2
Tian Pengfei v Andrew Higginson
Peter Ebdon v Alan McManus
Jack Lisowski v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Postby edwards2000

Well, snooker can be a 1 man sport depending on form. So it's kind of less shocking to see a snooker player going out early, no matter how talented (unless the format is first to 9+). Every now and then a form player comes along, and all the other guy can do is sit in his seat.

Postby GJ

I'm starting to think Bingham is struggling due to the UK semiloss , his form was poor v Higgins and todays loss is another sign.

Postby Skullman

I'd say it's more the stage of the tournament that contributes. We've had a series of shocks at the Crucible these last two years in the first round, while at the UK we had 14/16 top 16 seeds make it to the last 16.

First round, the top players are coming in cold, haven't had a chance to build up like they etc. It'd be more surprising if Carter or Bingo lost to a Poomjaeng or Line in the quarters of a full ranker than first round at Sheffield.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:I'm starting to think Bingham is struggling due to the UK semiloss , his form was poor v Higgins and todays loss is another sign.

It's not like he was ever Mr Consistent. After his Premeir League win in 2012 he did buck all until Wales. He'll probably have average results until Haikou or PTC Grands.

Postby Skullman

There's only one camera so after this they'll either show the next programme or just show repeats from earlier in the day.

Shame :sad:

Postby Wildey

Dominic Dale 0-1 Steve Davis
Gerard Greene 1-2 John Higgins
Mark Allen 0-1 Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel 1-1 Joe Perry
Neil Robertson 3-0 Liu Chuang
Tian Pengfei 0-2 Andrew Higginson
Peter Ebdon 0-2 Alan McManus
Jack Lisowski 3-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Postby Andre147

Blavdes wrote:Hopefully Robertson wins this 5-0 so they switch to the Dale - Davis.

They won't because as Skull said there's only 1 TV table. At most they'll show the end of a frame if it's big break or something like that like they did in the first edition, but have many doubts they will.

A shame, this tournament deserved at least 2 TV tables, even the UK PTCs had them.

If it wasn't for the excelent venue, this tournament is just a glorified PTC. It's when the semis commence that the real tournament begins, an atmosphere very much like the Old Conference Center.