Topic locked

Re: German Masters Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Just looking at the stats. Robbo needs one more to equal Steve Davis's 337 (assuming he doesn't any against Dom) and go fifth on the all time list.

Postby Skullman

Jack first winner tonight, surprising no one. His next match won't be anywhere near as fast or open as he'll have the winner of Ebdon v Angles.

Would be nice if Jack had another run.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Just looking at the stats. Robbo needs one more to equal Steve Davis's 337 (assuming he doesn't any against Dom) and go fifth on the all time list.

that's unbelievable considering Davis has played to date 840 More Matches than Robbo according to Cue Tracker.

Postby Wildey

Dominic Dale 2-1 Steve Davis
Gerard Greene 2-2 John Higgins
Mark Allen 1-2 Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel 1-3 Joe Perry
Neil Robertson 4-0 Liu Chuang
Tian Pengfei 2-2 Andrew Higginson
Peter Ebdon 0-3 Alan McManus
Jack Lisowski 5-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Luca is disappointing again.

hes playing Joe Perry hes no mug all the experience in the world

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Doesn't matter, Luca should have really pushed on after his heroics in the Worlds and UK.

of course he's still very very young, but definately has to start and develop a better safety game and also don't be so casual when escaping snookers, as he just seems to get down and take his shot without thinking too much about the angles, etc.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Doesn't matter, Luca should have really pushed on after his heroics in the Worlds and UK.

of course he's still very very young, but definately has to start and develop a better safety game and also don't be so casual when escaping snookers, as he just seems to get down and take his shot without thinking too much about the angles, etc.

i agree with everything you say Casual is a really bad problem for him but losing to Joe Perry wouldn't be a embarrassment.

Joe was always favorite for the match.

Postby Wildey

Dominic Dale 3-1 Steve Davis
Gerard Greene 2-4 John Higgins
Mark Allen 2-2 Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel 2-3 Joe Perry
Neil Robertson 5-1 Liu Chuang
Tian Pengfei 2-3 Andrew Higginson

Postby Andre147

Just read J.White's post-match interview and about his survival to stay on the tour but he says he's not worried about that yet. He blamed two horrendus kicks that cost him 2 frames, but then the inevitable happens and he says it's frustrating because he has been playing his best stuff in practice.

Problem is he always says he has been playing well in practice probably for the last 20 years rofl
Last edited by Andre147 on 29 Jan 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Dominic Dale 3-1 Steve Davis
Gerard Greene 2-4 John Higgins
Mark Allen 2-2 Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel 2-3 Joe Perry
Tian Pengfei 2-3 Andrew Higginson

Would be nice if McGill beat Allen,then we,d have another Allen twitter tantrum to look forward to. <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Just read J.White's post-match interview and about his survival to stay on the tour but he says he's not worried about that yet. He blamed to horrendus kicks that cost him 2 frames, but then the inevitable happens and he says it's frustrating because he has been playing his best stuff in practice.

Problem is he always says he has been playing well in practice probably for the last 20 years rofl

Where did you see that?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Just read J.White's post-match interview and about his survival to stay on the tour but he says he's not worried about that yet. He blamed to horrendus kicks that cost him 2 frames, but then the inevitable happens and he says it's frustrating because he has been playing his best stuff in practice.

Where did you see that?

White said: “I am not even thinking about the possibility of losing my place on the tour, or having to go to Qualifying School.

“I had two horrendous kicks that cost me two frames – it is sickening, because I am playing well and in the position I am in I need to win.

“One kick came when I should have gone 2-2, and then another later in the match. It is very disappointing.

“You have to take it one match at a time, and hopefully I can get to Sheffield at the end of the season without the pressure of trying to win to stay on the tour.

“What gives me hope is that I am playing okay, it would be worse and I would be more concerned if I was struggling with my game.

“I have tournaments coming up to get myself out of the situation. I have been here before and under pressure have won to stay on the tour.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... -in-berlin

The InsideSnooker website is the one to look for, always has up to date info.

Postby Wildey

2 kicks equals 2 frames what happened in the other 3 frames he lost little aliens came down and stole his cue?

Postby Wildey

Jimmy was Mates with Alex Higgins and now Jimmy has stole his "Playing well in practice" Line coblers

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:2 kicks equals 2 frames what happened in the other 3 frames he lost little aliens came down and stole his cue?

My thoughts exactly Wild rofl :wave:

And the playing well in practice excuse rofl he's been playing well in practice for the past 20 years.

Postby Andre147

Really hope the Ding v Williams match is streamed, could be a very interesting one mostly if Williams is on form otherwise Ding will steamroll past him.

Postby Skullman

McGill 4-2 up on Allen. Not over the line yet, but if Ants does win, it'll be yet another poor result for Allen.

His season's been as bad as Judd's in the main events.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:Really hope the Ding v Williams match is streamed, could be a very interesting one mostly if Williams is on form otherwise Ding will steamroll past him.

It will be tomorrow afternoon's match, the morning match being Judd's. Evening match unknown atm. Probably be decided after the morning session when the last 64 is complete.

Postby Wildey

Dominic Dale 4-2 Steve Davis
Gerard Greene 2-5 John Higgins
Mark Allen 2-4 Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel 2-5 Joe Perry
Tian Pengfei 5-3 Andrew Higginson
Peter Ebdon 1-4 Alan McManus

Postby Witz78

Wildey wrote:Jimmy was Mates with Alex Higgins and now Jimmy has stole his "Playing well in practice" Line coblers

No-one trotted that old line out more than your man Hendo did for about the last 10 years of his career <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Jimmy was Mates with Alex Higgins and now Jimmy has stole his "Playing well in practice" Line coblers

No-one trotted that old line out more than your man Hendo did for about the last 10 years of his career <doh>

Hendry line was "im playing well in practice but thers no point doing it on the practice table" Jimmy still seems to think its a matter of time before he turns it around and beside Hendry hadent fallen down anywhere near as far as Jimmy has.

Jimmy if i was you id start looking for your school bag and pencil case its off to school for you mate.