Topic locked

German Masters Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 29th of January - Sunday 2nd of February at the Tempodrom, Berlin in Germany

The German Masters now in its 4th year at the Tempodrom in Berlin has previously been won by Mark Williams, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Last year by Ali Carter.

64 Players will be making the Trip to Berlin but World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan failed to make the Cut.

Others that failed are Ricky Walden and Robert Milkins both Top 16 players.

Legends Jimmy White and Steve Davis have Made it through aswell as UK Champion Neil Robertson.

Who will reach the Last 32?

DRAW

Last 64

Allister Carter v Dechawat Poomjaeng Never Played Before
Jimmy White v Xiao Guodong 2-2
Ratchayothin Yotharuck v Jamie Burnett Never Played Before
Aditya Mehta v Joel Walker Never Played Before
Stuart Bingham v Peter Lines Bingham leads 3-0
Anthony Hamilton v Michael White 1-1
Ryan Day v Cao Xin Long Never Played Before
Li Hang v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 1-0
Ding Junhui v Mike Dunn Ding Junhui leads 3-0
David Morris v Mark Williams Morris leads 1-0
Dominic Dale v Steve Davis Davis leads 5-3
Gerard Greene v John Higgins Higgins leads 5-0
Mark Allen v Anthony McGill Allen leads 1-0
Luca Brecel v Joe Perry Brecel leads 1-0
Tom Ford v Kurt Maflin Maflin leads 3-1
Jimmy Robertson v Mark Selby Selby leads 5-0
-------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Liu Chuang Never Played Before
Tian Pengfei v Andrew Higginson Tian Pengfei leads 2-0
Marcus Campbell v Rod Lawler 1-1
Paul S Davison v Marco Fu Never Played Before
Mark Davis v David Gilbert Davis leads 2-0
Ben Woollaston v Graeme Dott 2-2
Liang Wenbo v Cao Yupeng Liang Wenbo leads 2-0
Mark Joyce v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 2-0
Judd Trump v Noppon Saengkham Trump leads 1-0
Dave Harold v Mark King King leads 5-2
Matthew Stevens v Fergal O'Brien Stevens leads 6-3
Ken Doherty v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 5-4
Gary Wilson v Daniel Wells Never Played Before
Jamie O'Neill v Michael Holt Never Played Before
Peter Ebdon v Alan McManus McManus leads 10-9
Jack Lisowski v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Never Played Before

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: German Masters Last 64 Discussion !!

Postby SnookerFan

Random observations and comments

Jack Lisowski could've been playing Ronnie, but instead gets Thepchaiya Un-Nooh.

Be good to see Ken beat Shaun Murphy, even if unlikely.

I don't know who I want to win out of Dale and Steve Davis. Probably Dominic Dale. Not much in it.

Remember when Mark Selby played Selty at The Crucible? Nothing to do with this tournament, but it was hella funny. <laugh>
Last edited by SnookerFan on 29 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

German Masters Order of play for Berlin now available viewtopic.php?f=485&t=5026&p=300813#p300813

Note there are no Wild Cards

Personalty i think Germany could do with Wild Cards more than China seeing that about 7 or 8 Chinese players Qualify with a Flat 128 the closest nations to Germany involved in this Tournament is Kurt Maflin from Norway and Luca Brecel from Belgium.

Postby SnookerFan

Well, less than a week until all this kicks off then.

I wonder what Eurosport's Schedule is like. Reckon they'll televise all of it until the Quarter Finals, then not have a seconds worth of live play at the weekend? <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker's World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan will make a special appearance at the German Masters in Berlin next week to meet fans.

The Rocket will attend the tournament for signing and photo sessions, together with the World Championship trophy which he won for a fifth time last May.

The sessions will take place on:

Thursday January 30th at 6pm at the Tempodrom venue.

Friday January 31st at 12pm at the Tempodrom venue.

Friday January 31st at 2pm at the nearby Wyndham Hotel

Fans attending the signing sessions must hold a valid ticket to enter the Tempodrom.

Photographs with Ronnie and the World Championship Trophy must be booked at the venue through Dragonstars.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 36,00.html

There you go, Sonny. You can go and meet him whilst in Berlin. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:what you mean is a book signing sessions to promote his book.

I am presenting the facts as they appear on the World Snooker site, sir. You may interpret them as you wish. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

British Eurosport TV Schedule

Wednesday 29th of Jan

Eurosport 9am-12pm LIVE
Eurosport 2pm-5pm LIVE
Eurosport 2 6pm-10pm LIVE from 7pm
Eurosport 11.45pm-12.30am

Thursday 30th of Jan

Eurosport 9am-12pm LIVE
Eurosport 2pm-5pm LIVE
Eurosport 7pm-11pm LIVE
Eurosport 2 11.15pm-1am

Friday 31st of Jan

Eurosport 2 5am-7am
Eurosport 12pm-3.15pm LIVE
Eurosport 7pm-10pm LIVE
Eurosport 2 12am-2am

Saturday 1st of Feb

Eurosport 2 5am-7am
Eurosport 2 12pm-3pm LIVE
Eurosport 7pm-10pm LIVE
Eurosport 2 11.45am-2am

Sunday 2nd of Feb

Eurosport 2 5am-6.30am
Eurosport 12pm-3pm LIVE
Eurosport 7pm-10pm LIVE
Eurosport 2 12.30pm-3am

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:Snooker's World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan will make a special appearance at the German Masters in Berlin next week to meet fans.

The Rocket will attend the tournament for signing and photo sessions, together with the World Championship trophy which he won for a fifth time last May.

World Snooker should let Ronnie play an exhibition and share the cash. I'm sure a lot of the German fans would rather watch Ronnie play an exhibition than watch all these players they've never heard of playing in the German Masters.

Postby Andre147

That may be the case yes, but at least he goes there to meet his German fans that appreciate his game so much, and as World Champ it makes even more sense, plus since he won't be there in the first place playing competitively due to a stupid performance against Un-Nooh, I was happy when reading this today in the WS website.

Even if it's a session to promote his book, the German fans certainly deserve to meet him there. I for one wish I was there to get a chance to meet him.

Postby PLtheRef

Andy Spark wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Snooker's World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan will make a special appearance at the German Masters in Berlin next week to meet fans.

World Snooker should let Ronnie play an exhibition and share the cash. I'm sure a lot of the German fans would rather watch Ronnie play an exhibition than watch all these players they've never heard of playing in the German Masters.

He should've earned his place simple. Its not as if he's not been entered in the tournament. He's shown the tournament little respect in the attitude he showed in the match against Un-Nooh.

He's had his snooker earning opportunity in this event for 2014. . Holding exhibitions with him receiving half the proceeds is something that World Snooker shouldn't do. What's stopping him essentially conceding opening round matches in the tournaments he doesn't fancy only to go out there and playing sanctioned exhibitions?.

I think its excellent that he's going out to Germany. As world champion, its something you should expect him to do, promote the sport as positively as he can.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

That may be the case yes, but at least he goes there to meet his German fans that appreciate his game so much, and as World Champ it makes even more sense, plus since he won't be there in the first place playing competitively due to a stupid performance against Un-Nooh, I was happy when reading this today in the WS website.

Even if it's a session to promote his book, the German fans certainly deserve to meet him there. I for one wish I was there to get a chance to meet him.

i have met him payed a bit extra to do so and true to form he was a hammer.

Postby simplysnooker

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

What happened to this rule brought in months ago about showing players respect on here, or are mods allowed to?

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

What happened to this rule brought in months ago about showing players respect on here, or are mods allowed to?

stating facts is different to attacking someones appearance or personal opinion of someone based on nothing.

i payed cash to have a autograph photo session with Ronnie and he couldn't be fussed letting down a lot of people including kids.....that's not a opinion that happened.

im not criticizing Ronnie because it was what i expected but some was livid and disappointed.

Postby simplysnooker

This is just one example, I could pick out at least dozen more whilst the Masters was on last week, if you want to attract new members to the site you should have a clear set of rules for everyone, no double standards

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:Pleased that Eurosport will be showing every session of this, might watch a few matches on my last week off before I go back to Uni

They've even got semis and final on. That's a nice surprise.

Postby SnookerFan

Dale vs Davis would be my guess as well, but you may get Robertson. (Should he bother to make it to the arena in time.)

I quite like both Dale and Steve-o, and they tend to like putting the legends. Sadly this is the one evening I'll miss, so I'll not get much chance to watch it. :grrr:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Dale vs Davis would be my guess as well, but you may get Robertson. (Should he bother to make it to the arena in time.)

I quite like both Dale and Steve-o, and they tend to like putting the legends. Sadly this is the one evening I'll miss, so I'll not get much chance to watch it. :grrr:

Dominic Dale is a Local Player Last known he lived in Berlin.

But Dom Dale moves around like a Gypsy so god knows if he still lives there.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:Dominic Dale is a Local Player Last known he lived in Berlin.

But Dom Dale moves around like a Gypsy so god knows if he still lives there.

Dale's back in England.

He'll probably be the local player again for next year's German Masters though.

Postby GJ

John McBride and Selt having a barney on twitter

:lol:

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of January

9am

Allister Carter v Dechawat Poomjaeng TV
Jimmy White v Xiao Guodong
Ratchayothin Yotharuck v Jamie Burnett
Aditya Mehta v Joel Walker
Ryan Day v Cao Xin Long
Li Hang v Barry Hawkins
Marcus Campbell v Rod Lawler
Paul S Davison v Marco Fu

2pm

Stuart Bingham v Peter Lines
Anthony Hamilton v Michael White
Ding Junhui v Mike Dunn
David Morris v Mark Williams
Tom Ford v Kurt Maflin
Jimmy Robertson v Mark Selby TV
Mark Davis v David Gilbert
Ben Woollaston v Graeme Dott

7pm

Dominic Dale v Steve Davis
Gerard Greene v John Higgins
Mark Allen v Anthony McGill
Luca Brecel v Joe Perry
Neil Robertson v Liu Chuang TV
Tian Pengfei v Andrew Higginson
Peter Ebdon v Alan McManus
Jack Lisowski v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Postby Dan-cat

Actually, call me Sherlock - but I think that Ronnie was probably ordered by World Snooker to do this to appease the sponsors. They must have been pretty upset with the major draw doing his best to not qualify (without actually playing to lose.)

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:

Actually, call me Sherlock - but I think that Ronnie was probably ordered by World Snooker to do this to appease the sponsors. They must have been pretty upset with the major draw doing his best to not qualify (without actually playing to lose.)

it does look like part of his punishment.

Postby Cloud Strife

Regardless of the motives, it's good to see him over there, and I'm sure the German fans will agree.

Postby Wildey

On the Eve of the German Masters which gets underway in under 10 Hours there is still no Title Sponsor for the Event.

its indicative where snooker are on the continent people have expressed that there should be more Ranking Events in Europe the problem is money from sponsors aren't forth coming in the way it is in China even Australia has a title sponsor that stays with a Event.

Crowds in Germany is Brilliant, The Venue itself is electric and Eurosport viewing figures are Fantastic but without Sponsors coming forward with cash there wont be PTC Turned in to Main Ranking events in these countries.

Postby Skullman

Doesn't help that the only sponsors we can get are betting companies, and I've heard they're not looked favourably upon on the continent.